Rear Lift Blocks

I have put a rc leveling kit on the front of my 21 1500 4wd.  Has anyone ever put RC rear lift blocks in (2inch)without changing shocks.  I really don't want to change shocks.  The 1.5 rear block is for a 2500 apparently.  Anyone know of a company that makes 1.5 rear inch lift blocks for 1500?

I just did the same…2” leveling kit in the front and 1.5” blocks in the rear. I ordered from eBay as well. Not this exact part referenced above (although I wish it was because it’s cheaper than the one I bought) but same deal. Lifted leaf springs with a Jack and installed. Didn’t touch the shocks. There’s another thread here with different pics and info. That’s where I got the info before I did mine. 

You can get shock extenders. The shocks will extend with the blocks but if the axle droops it will bottom out the shock inside the body. It depends if you really off road or travel a lot of bumpy roads. I picked up a pair for $25 on ebay.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:44 PM, snowman44 said:

I have put a rc leveling kit on the front of my 21 1500 4wd.  Has anyone ever put RC rear lift blocks in (2inch)without changing shocks.  I really don't want to change shocks.  The 1.5 rear block is for a 2500 apparently.  Anyone know of a company that makes 1.5 rear inch lift blocks for 1500?

I just ordered some 1” blocks and Ubolts from MaxTrac. Not sure if they had a 1.5” but they had a good selection. I’m leveling my Trail Boss by lowering the rear end and reducing the rake. If I like the look, then I’ll replace the rear shocks to better match the new suspension travel. I’m thinking about adjustable Rancho 9000 if anyone has an opinion on them that they want to share.

1 hour ago, Hyper said:

The AT4 and Trail Boss are monotube shocks, better than the OEM twin tube shocks. And 2” longer.

I’ve been trying to find information on the stock Rancho Trail Boss rear shocks. Rock Auto has them as AC Delco replacements, but no mention of the type of shock although the answer to gas charged is “no.” Rancho has mostly twin tube like the 5000, which is the closest to what I can find to factory.

771EA2C0-D12B-40AD-86FF-6F61FBB1E317.png