When I start using my navigation system, this message pops up all the time and I don't know why. It says "Nav SD Card Message.  Once initialized, this Nav card can only be used for navigation in this vehicle."   Then you would press the CONFIRM button and everything starts to work. But why do I see this all the time when using the navigation system?

Had this when I first got my 2021. Tried removing and reinstalling card, did not help, did an online search found that if you remove the card and flip to small switch on the side to unlock reinstalled never saw it again. Also never touched it again!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2021 1500 AT4 3 days ago.  I did the “walk-thru” today and noticed this SD card slot.  Do I have to pay for the SD card, or should it already come with the truck, as there was no card installed?

14 hours ago, Gmoeller said:

I just bought a 2021 1500 AT4 3 days ago.  I did the “walk-thru” today and noticed this SD card slot.  Do I have to pay for the SD card, or should it already come with the truck, as there was no card installed?

If it came from the factory with Nav, then you should have an SD card. If you are the 1st owner, look in the glove box for it, the dealer may have forgot to insert it. If it did not come from the factory with Nav then I think you are  SOL. GM used to sell them on the Accessories site, but It appears it is no longer available.