Tow pakage

Hello all, wondering if anybody knows what all the 2018 Silverado tow pakage included?   Upgraded springs , drive line , external oil cooler and transmission cooler, brakes what ever ? And if it’s worth adding? Thanks

Just the regular towing package or the MAX tow package??

I'd have to look at the RPO code again for all details but the MAX tow was different rear end gears and larger radiator I believe. The brakes are the same still. The 6 speed and 8 speed transmission already have a transmission cooler.

• Like 1

You can scan the QR sticker on the drivers door to tell you what gears you have now. Or if you still have the window sticker with that information.

Just about all 6 speed transmission trucks are going to have 3.42's and those are just fine for normal towing. I would assume you have the tow/haul button on the shifter.

• Like 1

I have a 2016 that has the "Trailering Equipment Package". It only consists of an auto locking rear differential and the 3.42 gears. There is already a trans cooler on all 6L80 (6 speed transmissions) but not sure about the 8 speed option. I had to add tow mirrors and also an aftermarket trailer brake controller. The brake controller was easy because there was a harness available from brake controller manufacturer that plugs into a connector provided right on inside of firewall to plug it into. Plug and play. I believe all are already setup with 4 pin and 7 pin trailer connectors on rear bumper. I have a camper/toyhauler that I pull with mine that has a dry weight of around 4500lbs and loaded comes in around 6300lbs. So far it has pulled nicely and I have had it on flat lands as well as the hills and mountains in Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri, etc... I do use the tow/haul mode when doing this. I did find when coming to steeper grades, I would drop the shifter from "D" to M and it usually would drop one gear and this helped maintain the speed without having to push on accelerator. Occasionally, I found that on steeper grades after dropping to M that I might have to downshift one more gear but can then still maintain my speed. I know a 2500 would probably be a better choice for towing but I don't think I tow enough to justify it and it's more comfortable as a daily driver.

• Like 1

The max tow would have the factory brake controller. I'd need to look into it more but I think if it was a 6 speed it changed to 3.73 and if the 8 speed it changed to 3.42's over the stock 3.23 gearing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch2020 said:

I got a print out from a dealer that gives me all the info. The QRO gave me incorrect info. Said my truck was crew cab . It’s a regular cab.

That's a HUGE error! 

• 3 months later...