What Year GMC rims will fit my 2016 GMC Sierra 1500

Hello, I'm new here. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500. It came new with 22' rims and tires. I'm looking at buying a used set of rims for winter tires. The set I'm looking at are off a 2009 GMC. They have 6 lug nut bolt pattern, as do my original rims. Are the 6 lug bolt patterns the same?

• Dave in Schumacher changed the title to What Year GMC rims will fit my 2016 GMC Sierra 1500
32 minutes ago, Dave in Schumacher said:

Hello, I'm new here. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500. It came new with 22' rims and tires. I'm looking at buying a used set of rims for winter tires. The set I'm looking at are off a 2009 GMC. They have 6 lug nut bolt pattern, as do my original rims. Are the 6 lug bolt patterns the same?

Yes they will fit all gm full-size lug patterns are the same 

40 minutes ago, Dave in Schumacher said:

So GM changed the 6 lug bolt pattern in 2007? Does that mean any 6 lug rims from a 2006 and older will not fit?

No.  Bolt pattern has been the same for a long time.

I went with 2007 just as a safety measure, technically anything 2005+up that is 17" or larger will fit. 

Most all the wheels that are older so 2004 and older are 16" so 1999-2004 and won't clear the front brakes.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2