Torque converter

Here is the part number off the GM site. Contact a local dealer to see if they can get you one.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-torque-converter-17804388?c=Zz1hdXRvbWF0aWMtdHJhbnNtaXNzaW9uJnM9YXV0b21hdGljLXRyYW5zbWlzc2lvbiZsPTUmbj1Bc3NlbWJsaWVzIFBhZ2UmYT1jaGV2cm9sZXQmbz1zaWx2ZXJhZG8tMjUwMC1oZCZ5PTIwMTQmdD1sdCZlPTYtMGwtdjgtZmxleA%3D%3D

Otherwise you could contact a torque converter company and see if they can match you up with a converter that is just like the stock 6L90e. Summit racing, JEGS, Circle D converters may all have what you want.

• Like 1

Yes you can replace the junk 6L80e converter with a better stronger 6L90e converter. I did this yesterday 11/27/2021 on my 2017 Silverado 1500 2wd with 78k miles on it. It took a buddy and I about 6 hours to do it. I developed a shutter and bucking so I ordered the 6L90e converter, a gasket/seal kit and got the trans fluid. we dropped the transmission out, pulled the transmission apart because the 6L80e converter ****** it’s guts out into the trans, metal shavings everywhere so we just wanted to flush it and make sure everything was ok which thankfully it was. The 6L90e converter is a little bigger In physical size and it has 6 bolt holes but you will still only use 3 bolts to the flywheel unless you spend the money and extra time to replace the flywheel as well which isn’t needed unless you are adding lots of HP as well with other mods.

I only have about 150 miles with the new converter but it seems better and the shifts feel better then they ever have.

I’m in California my converter came from Reno Nevada I had it in 2 days and my local trans shop had the gasket/seal kit and fluid in stock. 

• Like 1

I believe new, honesty not sure my buddy works at the dealer and he ordered it in for me. I did pay a $100 core charge and am unfortunately not able to get the money back for core because my core isnt the same as the one I purchased if that makes sense. Which I knew that when I ordered it.  But from my understanding that is normal anywhere you buy one from. 

• 10 months later...

Hi the part number you provided will it work on Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2015 6L80 transmission,?.

Another member provide this part number 

17804388 your's is this 24045127

Can you just verify which one would actually work.

Thank you in advance 

• 1 month later...

I had one in mine for a short time.  It didn't give me any performance gaines at all.  It's felt like a stock 6l80 converter and even when I tried to stall it up on the brake it didn't seem to stall any higher.  I don't have any logs to prove that it didn't simply because I don't 4x4 lunch my truck alot.

When my trans went out I just let them put in a similar stock stall converter that they had in stock and would warranty.  Mine went out last year and parts where hard to get and I need my truck back fast.

But yes it does work.  You just use three of the 6 holes to bolt it up.