power fold tow mirror stopped working.

ok guys ,I upgraded my 15 sierra slt to the full boat tow mirrors and all worked beautiful. well i came out of the store the other day and it appeared that someone walked into my pass side mirror .I've tried the reset procedure , and the mirror doesn't seem to want to move. it will move back and forth about a 1/2inch but that is it . I have read about a gear upgrade for the older power folding mirrors,but nothing for the tow mirrors. Any suggestions(other than replacing the whole mirror)?

On 1/10/2022 at 8:29 AM, jay44811 said:

ok guys ,I upgraded my 15 sierra slt to the full boat tow mirrors and all worked beautiful. well i came out of the store the other day and it appeared that someone walked into my pass side mirror .I've tried the reset procedure , and the mirror doesn't seem to want to move. it will move back and forth about a 1/2inch but that is it . I have read about a gear upgrade for the older power folding mirrors,but nothing for the tow mirrors. Any suggestions(other than replacing the whole mirror)?

When you say it won't move, do you mean it is stuck against the truck?

With the standard size mirrors, you "force" it back into place, then cycle the mirrors 3 times through the open/close function, and that will reset the gears. 

nope when you push the power fold button the mirror will twitch but doesn't fold. standing outside by the mirror you hear the motor kick in for a second then quit(no grinding sounds and its got grease in there).. doesn't matter what position the mirror is in. i have searched and even popped the covers off and don't see how they come apart to check the gearing for the power fold. Anyone tear these things down to address a dead power fold function?