2019 Sentra Denali wind noise in cab

Hi ,truck had a squeaky pulley needed changing so I took it in and also told dealer I’d been hearing wind noise in cab of the truck roof close to the windshield over head lighting console  . Well they fixed pulley have truck back but forgot check the wind noise , I reminded them about noise so they say they look at it . My . Truck has sunroof but it’s never been used but couple times a year ago . So sunroof has been closed ,is closed 99percent time and  I’m still hearing wind noise . If radio is turned down you hear  noise .  Dealer suggested to  me it could have been coming from the sunroof so dealer cleaned gasket around sunroof said dirt grime gets in there sometimes doesnt allow it to seal and aught to be okay . Dealer did not go take truck for a ride to hear noise . Just cleaned gasket on sunroof gave truck back .when I left , after the dealer cleaned it that same day  It was and still  is making  wind noise  . I didn’t go back in there cause it was end of day and I had already spent most day waiting on that pulley part to be fixed .i know I need to take it back  ..this noise happens when you drive the truck ,Is anyone else hearing wind noise in their truck In area of roof near the overhead console close to windshield ? I really don’t think it’s possible that it’s the sunroof , it seems to be coming from windshield area by the mirror and over head lighting console . Im looking for input , I’m a woman and I do not know nothing about this truck  but I can know what I hear .

I'm having difficulty following your post.  It's not the grammar nazi in me, but the fact that's it very choppy and appears to be missing some words.  There's a difference between "helping your uncle jack off a horse", and "Helping your uncle, Jack, off a horse".  What i got from your post is you have a wind noise.  You don't think it's the sunroof.  Have you stood in the bed of your truck, or on the door sills to examine the roof lines?  Is the shark fin antenna loose?  Does the sunroof gasket appear to stick up or down excessively with the sunroof closed, as opposed to flush.  Have you examined the windshield by pouring water on the top of it to see if water runs down the inside of the window?  None of this has to do with being a man or woman.  It's just a matter of using your brain and trying to figure it out.  The dealership isn't always the best source for getting your truck fixed.  You are.  They rely on you to tell them what's wrong, and do their best to remedy the issue.  The more time they spend on it the more it'll cost you.  How much do you really want to spend?

• Like 1

If I may tag along with Transients thought process...

Does it make the sound you're referring to, all of the time? At all speeds? Driving "into" a strong wind?

I notice if'n the wind is blowing out of the North, lets say 40mph, and I'm traveling West bound, the drivers upper corner has a wind noise. East bound, no noise.

• Like 1

There's a difference between "helping your uncle jack off a horse", and "Helping your uncle, Jack, off a horse".

I know there is a point to this quote (guess it really depends on the forum), just not sure if it is one, I would toss out to a lady asking for help😬😮

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

There's a difference between "helping your uncle jack off a horse", and "Helping your uncle, Jack, off a horse".

I know there is a point to this quote (guess it really depends on the forum), just not sure if it is one, I would toss out to a lady asking for help😬😮

The point is, I had trouble understanding what he/she's trying to convey to us.  Man, woman, purple alien that speaks English, it doesn't matter.  I would've said the same thing regardless.  I only hope what I said regarding her vehicle is in line with what she was posting about.

Edited by Transient
  • Like 1