Multi flex tailgate part #’s

Hi there. My kid brother has a 21 custom tb and wants to add the multi flex tailgate.  I’ve read that it’s likely it won’t function as intended since it needs a special harness.. however he mostly wants it for aesthetic reasons (bow tie). 

does anyone know the part #’s to order one?  Also.. will rear camera..etc still work the same?

thanks. 

Don’t know. I can’t find a parts diagram for 21s on any parts websites. That’s an awful expensive way to get a tailgate with a bow tie on it. I think they are a few thousand dollars. 

If he is serious why doesn’t he just call the parts department at a dealer?

10 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

Don’t know. I can’t find a parts diagram for 21s on any parts websites. That’s an awful expensive way to get a tailgate with a bow tie on it. I think they are a few thousand dollars. 

If he is serious why doesn’t he just call the parts department at a dealer?

Good idea. We’ll try that.  He plans on keeping the truck forever.. so just a matter of an aesthetic mod I guess lol. Who knows maybe they’ll retrofit a harness with enough demand

2 hours ago, Ovie832 said:

Good idea. We’ll try that.  He plans on keeping the truck forever.. so just a matter of an aesthetic mod I guess lol. Who knows maybe they’ll retrofit a harness with enough demand

There has been more than a few posts on just this forum asking if it’s possible to swap them, so there is at least some demand. I think the high price of a new tail gate is going to keep this from being a common modification, which would mean an aftermarket company isn’t going to develop whatever harness/programming would be required. 

Search on here. Someone just recently found a take off one that was a paint match for their truck that came off a High Country. The harnesses are different and I believe the main gate works properly but the inner gate doesn't work. My dealer wasn't having luck finding a Custom Trail Boss with the Multi Flex tailgate and they priced out adding it and they were around $3500 for parts WITHOUT the needed BCM programming, if it could even be added. I ended up custom ordering what I wanted because they had an open allocation.

10 hours ago, GETGONE said:

Search on here. Someone just recently found a take off one that was a paint match for their truck that came off a High Country. The harnesses are different and I believe the main gate works properly but the inner gate doesn't work. My dealer wasn't having luck finding a Custom Trail Boss with the Multi Flex tailgate and they priced out adding it and they were around $3500 for parts WITHOUT the needed BCM programming, if it could even be added. I ended up custom ordering what I wanted because they had an open allocation.

Yeah the good news is my brother doesn’t seem bothered if the inner gate wouldn’t work.  Merely wants it for aesthetics.. so hopefully I can find a take off or a decent shape used one