gm garbage paint, what to do?

i was washing my vehicle when i noticed a whitish section in front of my rear tires. i thought it may be a film of road salt. closer inspection shows the paint completely chipped. what would you do. have the section repainted. or apply paint protection film and install mud flaps. truck is completely stock, no lift or aftermarket wheels. What are my options. i havent even had the vehicle for 6 months

1615285251_paint1.jpg.e41cfad13af5b95b0cf09ef83d331de2.jpg722858560_PAINT2.jpg.9f43c7930d2a2cf3e731478360b7cd2a.jpg10471493_PAINT3.jpg.abbda9eec281b36749f9534f2e627ef1.jpg

Just now, Duramax2021 said:

no this is the only location on both sides. its tiny chips in the paint smaller then a size of sand. if you took your fingernail over it you could feel the chip

Did it come like that new, though? Or did it occur from a rock possibly hitting your truck there?

That's the rock guard they put on the truck and the metallic is making it look like chips because they are at different angles being in the thicker painted area than the rest of the paint. Look at your rockers underneath the cab and you will see the same thing.

Kind of confused as if the OP is talking about the texture of the paint in that area or if he has actually specs of it chipping off. This coating has had huge issues since gm started using it, i know on my truck that area is littered with paint chips as that spot get abused by road debris.