Power OEM Running Board Glitch

The passenger side running board on my 2020 Denali has gone out on its own a couple of times parked in the driveway.

It works with the door, but the rear extend won't work when you push the button on the rear. 

So, it seems like maybe the button on the rear of the passenger side may be bad?

I'm going to take it in under warranty, but wondered if anyone else has had this problem? 

Still absolutely love this truck!

I had a 2019 High Country before buying a 2022 High Country and both running boards had their rear switches replaced due to the problem of not going to the rear most position when activated. A couple of the step arms had to be replaced due to binding while operating. This started around 33000 miles. Covered under warranty and after 36000 miles when I continued to have the same problems ie rear switches.

On 4/27/2022 at 6:12 AM, Rocz3cqg said:

I had a 2019 High Country before buying a 2022 High Country and both running boards had their rear switches replaced due to the problem of not going to the rear most position when activated. A couple of the step arms had to be replaced due to binding while operating. This started around 33000 miles. Covered under warranty and after 36000 miles when I continued to have the same problems ie rear switches.

Thanks!

Thats what I figured. Not an everyday problem, so I'll get it to the dealer sometime before warranty is out. 

I'm in the salty northeast, so I should probably do some periodic spray lube on the step arms!