Denali with the discounted $200 rear heated seats

As the title says, I have a 2022 GMC 3500 Denali that had the $200 discount for no rear heated seats. The money cost doesn't matter over the $200 discount to add them.

Center console does not have the switches. Don't know what to look for to see if the seats have the heating element. Haven't torn the center console apart to see if wiring harness is there.

Any help on determining if the heating elements are there.

Has anyone added the rear heated seats back in after gm tossed them due to chip shortages? Only want the oem system.

If it's doable, do you have part numbers?

I have a 21 GMC 1500 Denali that I can use the vin for, to look up parts at the dealer, if I knew what parts were eliminated. 

On 4/23/2022 at 8:56 PM, gemarsh said:

As the title says, I have a 2022 GMC 3500 Denali that had the $200 discount for no rear heated seats. The money cost doesn't matter over the $200 discount to add them.

Center console does not have the switches. Don't know what to look for to see if the seats have the heating element. Haven't torn the center console apart to see if wiring harness is there.

Any help on determining if the heating elements are there.

Has anyone added the rear heated seats back in after gm tossed them due to chip shortages? Only want the oem system.

If it's doable, do you have part numbers?

I have a 21 GMC 1500 Denali that I can use the vin for, to look up parts at the dealer, if I knew what parts were eliminated. 

great questions.

I also have been looking to add back in ???

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting on deliver of a 2022 2500 LT and my understanding from my dealership was this was an inconvenience credit so that GM could get the vehicles shipped out. The harnesses and parts that were available are installed, but because of the chip shortage, the control module likely isnt, therefore the buttons arent. Talk to your dealer, but my dealer said when the parts are available it will be retrofitted at no cost. In my case, it appears heated front seats are working, but the heated steering wheel and the front/back parking assist are not. 

This is from an email with their internet sales person in the lead up to my purchase...

"The window stickers that have credits...
So, what GM is doing to try to ramp up production is build more vehicles.
In order to do so, the system that they have currently adopted is this,
If a vehicle is ordered and accepted by production with specific features, including but not limited to, front and rear park assist, heated steering wheel, heated and/or front ventilated seats, they are building these vehicles to be eventually equipped with these features, but they may not be functioning at the time of delivery.
They are planning on doing a retro fit at a later date with no charge to the customers as soon as the parts become more readily available.
In the meantime, they will be crediting vehicle invoices for the inconvenience. "

1 hour ago, mandrewbot3k said:

I'm waiting on deliver of a 2022 2500 LT and my understanding from my dealership was this was an inconvenience credit so that GM could get the vehicles shipped out. The harnesses and parts that were available are installed, but because of the chip shortage, the control module likely isnt, therefore the buttons arent. Talk to your dealer, but my dealer said when the parts are available it will be retrofitted at no cost. In my case, it appears heated front seats are working, but the heated steering wheel and the front/back parking assist are not. 

This is from an email with their internet sales person in the lead up to my purchase...

"The window stickers that have credits...
So, what GM is doing to try to ramp up production is build more vehicles.
In order to do so, the system that they have currently adopted is this,
If a vehicle is ordered and accepted by production with specific features, including but not limited to, front and rear park assist, heated steering wheel, heated and/or front ventilated seats, they are building these vehicles to be eventually equipped with these features, but they may not be functioning at the time of delivery.
They are planning on doing a retro fit at a later date with no charge to the customers as soon as the parts become more readily available.
In the meantime, they will be crediting vehicle invoices for the inconvenience. "

I am under the impression you are correct. GM gave a small credit for the things you listed.

I'm understanding though, on the rear heated seats, gm gave a much larger credit for the rear heated seats not being there and won't be retrofitted. 

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to put money on that bet.

1 hour ago, gemarsh said:

I am under the impression you are correct. GM gave a small credit for the things you listed.

I'm understanding though, on the rear heated seats, gm gave a much larger credit for the rear heated seats not being there and won't be retrofitted. 

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to put money on that bet.

Check the window sticker, at least in my scenario, there is pretty specific language on it... "INCLUDES LATER RETROFIT"

image.png.d9e0830e8d625baf9d064ddabbe0dc50.png

Ahhh... i got you now... so looking at the diagrams, there should be a heating pad in each side seat (#23) with a connector coming out the back to a harness (35)... I'm not sure where the harness is actually located and what it would be for otherwise. This was for a High Country since I already had it open, but I imagine it's identical. 

Seats & tracks. Rear seat components.. 2022 chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD | GM Parts Direct Online, Houston TX

image.thumb.png.3b0c80014c1cc0e855043eafee118d28.png

image.thumb.png.1152756dc30b9eaef3d314feda5ab8fd.png

image.thumb.png.aa0221976d31ea156640d0247e270ff3.png

Poked around the upfitter stuff, so the fuse would be F1 on the driver side, but HIGHLY likely there won't be a fuse there. maybe they have some kind of blank fuse though? I know on my LT, that left hand fuse box doesn't even have the connectors for the fusers behind the slots. So if it has the contacts, that would at least be some good news to start. 

image.thumb.png.dad34f0ce046c106f8e64210c59f82f1.png

Locating that harness and maybe even the mounting bracket would be pretty huge. Maybe someone else can chime in on the actual location if it's under the carpet or behind the rear of the seats. 

This article... GM Announces Retrofit Solution for Heated Seat Shortage | News | Cars.com ... seems to provide some language making it sound like you won't have them since they mention a full delete, but I can't imagine they wont be able to retrofit. I'll keep digging cuz it gives me something to waste time on which means I'm not trying to find anything of my own to waste money on, that is of course this can be retrofitted into an LT with cloth seats, lol. 

On 5/8/2022 at 9:44 PM, mandrewbot3k said:

Ahhh... i got you now... so looking at the diagrams, there should be a heating pad in each side seat (#23) with a connector coming out the back to a harness (35)... I'm not sure where the harness is actually located and what it would be for otherwise. This was for a High Country since I already had it open, but I imagine it's identical. 

Seats & tracks. Rear seat components.. 2022 chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD | GM Parts Direct Online, Houston TX

image.thumb.png.3b0c80014c1cc0e855043eafee118d28.png

image.thumb.png.1152756dc30b9eaef3d314feda5ab8fd.png

image.thumb.png.aa0221976d31ea156640d0247e270ff3.png

Poked around the upfitter stuff, so the fuse would be F1 on the driver side, but HIGHLY likely there won't be a fuse there. maybe they have some kind of blank fuse though? I know on my LT, that left hand fuse box doesn't even have the connectors for the fusers behind the slots. So if it has the contacts, that would at least be some good news to start. 

image.thumb.png.dad34f0ce046c106f8e64210c59f82f1.png

Locating that harness and maybe even the mounting bracket would be pretty huge. Maybe someone else can chime in on the actual location if it's under the carpet or behind the rear of the seats. 

This article... GM Announces Retrofit Solution for Heated Seat Shortage | News | Cars.com ... seems to provide some language making it sound like you won't have them since they mention a full delete, but I can't imagine they wont be able to retrofit. I'll keep digging cuz it gives me something to waste time on which means I'm not trying to find anything of my own to waste money on, that is of course this can be retrofitted into an LT with cloth seats, lol. 

Great info. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, CHIp070 said:

Any luck getting this working @gemarsh?

No, it's on the back burner for now. The weather has gotten hot and I don't have much desire to work on something not needed at the moment.