2000 GMC Crew cab SHORT BED

Hey guys! I’ve been told that my truck is very rare.  Please help me out.  
2000 GMC Sierra, Crew Cap, one ton, 454c, dully.  SHORT BED!

The info I was told; GMC did not build any short beds in 2000.  Instead 250 were pulled off the assembly and sent to a custom shop and chopped!  Is this true?

If its a short bed (6ft 6in) dually, they did indeed produce some factory.  It could also be from a conversion company.  Century or Centurion?  Was one company that did a lot of conversions.

The VIN would let you know how that truck originally rolled off the assembly line when it was built.  Would you be willing to post the last 8 of the VIN?  

Edited by newdude

Get the 2000 GMT800 Body Builder's Manual. It should be available online and tell you if it was a factory option. I can say they don't show a CCSB 1 ton dooley in the 2002 BBM.

31 minutes ago, David89GMC said:

Get the 2000 GMT800 Body Builder's Manual. It should be available online and tell you if it was a factory option. I can say they don't show a CCSB 1 ton dooley in the 2002 BBM.

They still made the GMT-400's in model year 2000, hence the 454 engine he talked about.

Edited by CamGTP

Should be a GMT-400.  Yes, they made them.  There is even a picture of a crew cab short bed dually in the 2000 GMC Sierra sales brochures,  Someone in my neighborhood had one too.  Yes they are rare, 2000 MY only.  Before that some were converted by aftermarket companies.