Installed PPE Intercooler pipes and Resonator delete on my 22 refresh 3.0 Duramax

These intercooler pipes/hoses just came out and I grabbed them in hopes of dressing up the engine bay a little. Turns out, there was a little t be gained from these.

Install was easy - spoiler alert - The K&N air filter swap killed any gains I had.

Video here:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

Nice job.  Interesting to see what you get with the S&B intake.  I have had 2 of them and they are very well built/constructed. 

Thanks !

i'm going to do the exhaust first since it's so quiet and a super small sound change. Then I will get the S&B intake on there. Will test with the side cover piece on and without. I know it's much louder with the side piece off and I wonder if it pulls a lot of hot air that way. Thinking on it now, If time permits, I will try to do a test with the stock intake pipe vs the full s&b pipe.

5 minutes ago, DemonWorks said:

Thanks !

i'm going to do the exhaust first since it's so quiet and a super small sound change. Then I will get the S&B intake on there. Will test with the side cover piece on and without. I know it's much louder with the side piece off and I wonder if it pulls a lot of hot air that way. Thinking on it now, If time permits, I will try to do a test with the stock intake pipe vs the full s&b pipe.

I have had the side piece out of mine since I installed it 2 years ago. Yes it is quite loader but I love it along with my Corsa Exhaust.  Good luck and looking forward to more videos. 

10 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I have had the side piece out of mine since I installed it 2 years ago. Yes it is quite loader but I love it along with my Corsa Exhaust.  Good luck and looking forward to more videos. 

same ! HaHa, I like the noise. This will be the 3rd duramax to get this intake installed, it may be getting worn out now.

Love the choice on the Corsa ! That's what i'm running on my Camaro !

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 2:36 PM, TNTSilverado said:

Was there a noticeable difference with the exhaust in sound? I want it to be louder but can't justify spending the money for something you can barely tell

You can tell it’s sucking in more air. I installed a Gibson Catback on my 2018 Sierra SLT with 6.2L and my Corsa Sport on my 2019 High Country before installing each of my S&Bs so I don’t know if it’s noticeably louder with just the intake and stock exhaust. 

When I get on it especially at lower speeds, in town driving, then getting on it, you can hear the cold intake very well.