Yukon shaking at highway speed.

So around 60-85mph my Yukon starts shaking. I had my tires balanced an alignment done. And still shook. Did some research and it said it could be the drive shaft. So I climbed underneath and it looks like the last owners replaced that. But by the u joint it looks a little grinded down. Don’t know if that’s from installation or could be from the shaking. 

9F98CBDB-749B-41F3-85F1-D930795C544C.jpeg

Those marks are from the machining process, everything looks original to me.

If your driveshaft is shaking, it will soon cause a leak at either end, the pinion seal or tailshaft seal and soon after would destroy them both.

How many miles and what year is this vehicle? 

Do you feel the vibration in the seat or steering wheel strongest?

When did this start?

Have you:

Measured the play in the upper and lower ball joints?

Measured the play in the inner and outer tie rods?

Checked the condition of the front and rear sway bar bushings and end links?

What brand tires are you using and how many miles are on them?

try having the tires rebalanced elsewhere. nobody bothers to calibrate their balancers anymore. took the Caddy 3 places before they got it close enuff that it is only noticeable around 60

On 7/19/2022 at 2:49 PM, Jordi said:

So around 60-85mph my Yukon starts shaking. I had my tires balanced an alignment done. And still shook. Did some research and it said it could be the drive shaft. So I climbed underneath and it looks like the last owners replaced that. But by the u joint it looks a little grinded down. Don’t know if that’s from installation or could be from the shaking. 

9F98CBDB-749B-41F3-85F1-D930795C544C.jpeg

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Jordi.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Jordi/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com