Not impressed.

Have always been a GM fan. Several Chevy and GMC pickups. My current 18 Silverado half ton is tripping up on it's transmission. Before that was a 13 GMC half ton that burned the rings out. Before that a 98 Chevy that had a good run. Close to 200k. With the quality of the newer models and major drivetrain failures ugh. Hate to say it but losing faith fast in GM half tons. Along with the excessive cost and crap performance I don't know if I can continue.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My biggest issue isn't the quality. It's GM refusal to stand by their product. I've had more recalls with my 2015 alone than all other vehicles I've owned over 50 years of driving. My youngest son worked for a dealer in Cedar Rapids Iowa. $45K a month in 'rework'. Half recalls and half shoddy new vehicle prep come backs. I kicked FORD to the curb 40 years ago for the same thing. Dodge! You're up next 😉 

• Like 1

Well my old Avalanche seems to be. I’ve only had 4 Hyundai’s the first one is an 05 Elantra my grandson now drives. My wife drives an 11 Genesis. In between those I had a 10 Genesis coup and a 15 Santa Fe. Three of those had the same engine and transmission with no issues. All general maintenance. Any problems like a back up camera was covered with their outstanding warranty. My wife’s next one will probably be another. Does that count? Or do I have to own a few more before I know for sure? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I repeat..........

The manufacturers of all goods make bad ones. They make so many they are bound to make a bad one, welcome to assembly line mass produced goods.

I belong to a few forums and bad products are on every forum. From firearms to higher end audio equipment. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I repeat..........

The manufacturers of all goods make bad ones. They make so many they are bound to make a bad one, welcome to assembly line mass produced goods.

I belong to a few forums and bad products are on every forum. From firearms to higher end audio equipment. 

I never really had a bad one that didn’t show up under warranty. I usually bought vehicles that were CPO or last years model. For instance my last new one a 17 Camry. I bought just before a new updated model. I got 10k off because they had so many. When the chip thing started they were offering me 18K for it  just last year. My granddaughter drives it now. She loves it. My mother in law quit driving and gave us her 15 CRV with 6K miles on it almost 2 years ago now. It’s at 35K now. Just about the time I was going to trade in the Camry. Initially I hated the CRV. Road noise and the CVT. Tires took care of most of the road noise and I’m growing to like the CRV in spite of the CVT. It’ll get through until car prices get reasonable again. And it’s the wife’s turn. Probably a G-70.

I agree that all have bad products sometimes. Its GMs ability to turn the other cheek when bad things happen. Warranty gets shadier every year and quality goes down. I'm done spending $$$ on GM. Losing game no matter which way you take it.

• Sad 1

They all suck at this point.  My truck I bought at 90K something miles and it has been nothing but problems.  My old 2008 denali with the old 6.2 had 180K and never had one problem but some lady totaled that one for me.

This 2014 L86 6.2 has had

1.  Lifter fail, so cam and ported heads. Not that mad about that one becasue I wanted a cam anyway LOL.

2. Vacum pump

3.  Cracked AC condensor

4.  HPFP

5.  Cracked radiator

6.  Upper ball joints both sides.  It has a lift so not mad.

7.  Both front wheel bearings.  Not mad at changing them becasue of my wheels.  But I am mad about how much more they           cost than the older ones and seem to go out faster.  I had the same lift and wheel and tire set up on my last truck.  The             wheel bearings seem to last longer.

8.  Motor mounts HUGE pain in the A$#

9.  Spun rod bearing on 1 and 2.  So I pulled the engine, new crank, Oil pump, Oil cooler, forged Diamond pistons, and bearings plus C5-R timing chain and what every else.

10.  Then 1200 miles later trans.

I did all the work myself.  Since I have owned this truck for almost 5 years now.  I have driven my dads old toyota avalone almost a total of one year during these 5 years.  While I worked on my truck.  I took me 5 months to get all the parts for the engine rebiuld last winter.

I keep looking at different brands but they all have problems.

Raptor and Regular F150 Ecoboost have cam phaser problems

Ram 1500 still have lifter issues.  But would love to get a TRX and maybe on the list next year for a used one.

Ram 2500 trans problem and the 2019 and newer 2500's have a CP4 fuel pump.  I just don't under stand why company's keep using a CP4's.  But they are at the top of my list of new truck in a Mega Cab

F250 2015 and newer CP4 again and they are crazy expensive even used.

Duramax 2011-2016 CP4

Duramax 2017 to new emisions stuff and it's getting really hard and expensive to delete.

33 minutes ago, JONBLARC7 said:

They all suck at this point.  My truck I bought at 90K something miles and it has been nothing but problems.  My old 2008 denali with the old 6.2 had 180K and never had one problem but some lady totaled that one for me.

This 2014 L86 6.2 has had

1.  Lifter fail, so cam and ported heads. Not that mad about that one becasue I wanted a cam anyway LOL.

2. Vacum pump

3.  Cracked AC condensor

4.  HPFP

5.  Cracked radiator

6.  Upper ball joints both sides.  It has a lift so not mad.

7.  Both front wheel bearings.  Not mad at changing them becasue of my wheels.  But I am mad about how much more they           cost than the older ones and seem to go out faster.  I had the same lift and wheel and tire set up on my last truck.  The             wheel bearings seem to last longer.

8.  Motor mounts HUGE pain in the A$#

9.  Spun rod bearing on 1 and 2.  So I pulled the engine, new crank, Oil pump, Oil cooler, forged Diamond pistons, and bearings plus C5-R timing chain and what every else.

10.  Then 1200 miles later trans.

I did all the work myself.  Since I have owned this truck for almost 5 years now.  I have driven my dads old toyota avalone almost a total of one year during these 5 years.  While I worked on my truck.  I took me 5 months to get all the parts for the engine rebiuld last winter.

I keep looking at different brands but they all have problems.

Raptor and Regular F150 Ecoboost have cam phaser problems

Ram 1500 still have lifter issues.  But would love to get a TRX and maybe on the list next year for a used one.

Ram 2500 trans problem and the 2019 and newer 2500's have a CP4 fuel pump.  I just don't under stand why company's keep using a CP4's.  But they are at the top of my list of new truck in a Mega Cab

F250 2015 and newer CP4 again and they are crazy expensive even used.

Duramax 2011-2016 CP4

Duramax 2017 to new emisions stuff and it's getting really hard and expensive to delete.

I think these 1500's are already maxed out in stock form... you might want to start looking at a 2500 with all the upgrades youve done.  1500 just cant RELIABLY handle big wheels and power in a daily driver... all those mods put a ton of stress on the parts you upgraded too from stock..  1500 trucks are best left alone in stock form for daily drivers.   

2500  GASSER has all the upgrade you want to start out with from a modding platform

1st upgrade I would do before spending any money on hard parts is reducing coolant temps, much lower than emmissions specs,  you want your rad to operate close to 170 F ,  big wheels power adders, 160F..

get your trans to operate as cool as possible also

Edited by pokismoki
  • Like 1

The plan is to get a 2500 with basic mods, tune and exhuast and use it to pull the Wakeboat and Razor.  And buy some kind of sport car as a toy to do cam, heads and full bolt ons.  I just can't make up my mind what car LOL. 

Edited by JONBLARC7

39 minutes ago, JONBLARC7 said:

The plan is to get a 2500 with basic mods, tune and exhuast and use it to pull the Wakeboat and Razor.  And buy some kind of sport car as a toy to do cam, heads and full bolt ons.  I just can't make up my mind what car LOL. 

i would look at a well taken care of AMG, comes stock with boost, upgrades easily , and just debadge it so you dont catch attention

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/mercedes-benz/unspecified/2606913.html

Edited by pokismoki
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1