Door Panel & Dash Speaker Removal

mjonesjr84

for the door panels, it is essentially the same as taking off the 21 door panels (front and rear).  On the front there are screws (7mm?) under a flap in the interior door handle and at the bottom of the door panel.  Then pop the door panel and lift up.  Same for rear but less screws.

for the dash..

• Like 2

I swapped my front speakers out for Audiofrog 6x9" (GS690) and the rear speakers with Audiofrog 6" (GS62).  I purchased from Crutchfield and the speaker adapter mounts and wire harness adapters for a 21 Silverado work the same.  I have no swapped out the dash speakers yet, but do plan to.  I just haven't gotten around to the having the time to deal with the dash and a-pillar removal.  When I do, I will be putting Audiofrog GS25's in.  So far, the front and rear door speaker swap has been good.  I think I need to go back and put some sound dampening because I can generate a little rattle.  Otherwise, the sound is great and it was a very easy install.

I have noticed that the speakers I put in my truck do not show as fitting the 22 refresh on Crutchfield, I can assure you that is incorrect.  The mount adapters and wiring harness are exactly the same.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ddc1279 said:

I swapped my front speakers out for Audiofrog 6x9" (GS690) and the rear speakers with Audiofrog 6" (GS62).  I purchased from Crutchfield and the speaker adapter mounts and wire harness adapters for a 21 Silverado work the same.  I have no swapped out the dash speakers yet, but do plan to.  I just haven't gotten around to the having the time to deal with the dash and a-pillar removal.  When I do, I will be putting Audiofrog GS25's in.  So far, the front and rear door speaker swap has been good.  I think I need to go back and put some sound dampening because I can generate a little rattle.  Otherwise, the sound is great and it was a very easy install.

I have noticed that the speakers I put in my truck do not show as fitting the 22 refresh on Crutchfield, I can assure you that is incorrect.  The mount adapters and wiring harness are exactly the same.

I ordered Kicker 6x9's for the front and 6.5's for the rear. I got Pioneer 2-3/4's for the dash. 

The reason I asked was because I ordered them for a 2021 since Crutchfield says they don't have wiring adapters for the 2022 refresh.

I may go back in the future and add a 4 channel amp for the speakers.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 1:21 PM, ddc1279 said:

Was it plug and play? Just had to get to the speaker to remove, attach adapters and plug in new speakers?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, mjonesjr84 said:

I ordered Kicker 6x9's for the front and 6.5's for the rear. I got Pioneer 2-3/4's for the dash. 

The reason I asked was because I ordered them for a 2021 since Crutchfield says they don't have wiring adapters for the 2022 refresh.

Did the speaker replacement make a noticeable difference to justify the labor and expense?  I mean does it put a smile on you when you listen to it or when you crank it up or is it more of a meh..  Referencing for a future amp leads me to believe it's leaning toward meh...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedLT said:

Did the speaker replacement make a noticeable difference to justify the labor and expense?  I mean does it put a smile on you when you listen to it or when you crank it up or is it more of a meh..  Referencing for a future amp leads me to believe it's leaning toward meh...

The sound was better, but will be even better with an amp to drive them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 10:59 AM, mjonesjr84 said:

What wiring harness did you use? Looking to upgrade my dash speakers too. I just got a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 and noticed dash speakers usually make the most difference. I have a 22’ Sierra refresh. 

13 hours ago, Baymax0317 said:

What wiring harness did you use? Looking to upgrade my dash speakers too. I just got a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 and noticed dash speakers usually make the most difference. I have a 22’ Sierra refresh. 

I ordered the door wiring adapters for a 2021 Silverado from Crutchfield when I got my speakers. They do fit the 2022+ trucks. The dash doesn't have a wiring adapter. You'll have to cut the plug off the factory wiring and put the terminal ends on that come with the speakers. There is plenty of wire to leave enough of the factory plug if you want to put the factory speakers back in.