Auto Headlight Help on 2016

Help needed with auto headlights on 2016 Tahoe Z71.

When Auto Mode On : headlights stay On always, regardless of amount of sunlight. There is NO green indicator on the dash. DRLs are off (see pics)

When going under a tunnel, DLRs turn On, and the green indicator is On. This tells me the actual sensor is Ok, this was recently swapped for a new one. Could it be the headlight switch?

is this normal for GM? I used to have a BMW with auto headlights and they worked perfectly. What else could be happening?

20220916_090624.jpg

20220916_090652.jpg

This might not be correct, but I'm going to give it a guess. I see your Tahoe is for the Canadian market. I'm not sure if you live in Canada or in the United States, but their DRLs might be different from the US version. Where we have a thin LED light strip for our DRL, Canadian law could make the low beam the DRL.

As for the operation of your lights and sensor, if the low beam is the DRL for the Canadian market, then I would say it's functioning as it should.