2021 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD Tow Mirror - Issues

14 hours ago, Newduramaxh*ar said:

I have the same issue on my 2020. Only the driver's side, I noticed when the truck is parked on the street and slightly on an angle leaning towards the curb. Mirror doesn't want to open. I've taken it to the dealer obviously they can't duplicate the problem.  I've showed video to the service advisor and nothing.  It's hard to leave the truck for several days, it's my only vehicle.

My neighbor down the street has the same truck with same issue. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Newduramaxh*ar.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Newduramaxh*ar/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

The GM reset for the power folding mirrors consists of manually folding the mirrors in, then folding them in and out with the button three times.

i found this online, when i did it, i read it as 6 total button presses. they may not work on the first or fouth, but it has worked for me since.

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2023 at 2:30 PM, 2021GMCLP5 said:

The GM reset for the power folding mirrors consists of manually folding the mirrors in, then folding them in and out with the button three times.

i found this online, when i did it, i read it as 6 total button presses. they may not work on the first or fouth, but it has worked for me since.

Just to be clear, this is saying to force the mirror to the folded position and then use the button 3x?

Correct, fold them in manually...... then push the button 6 times (let it cycle). you will either hear it click into gear (which is ok) or it will just start to work.... ever since i did this mine works all the time, but you have to use them now and again or the issue will persist.

• 8 months later...

I've been through this on both sides now. 

About a year and a half ago the passenger side would stick intermittently, could be either opening or closing.  Of course when dropping if off at the dealer service desk, the mirror worked fine.  They kept it for the day to test but of course they "couldn't replicate the problem".  I got lucky when picking up the truck from the service advisor when the mirror jammed right in front of him.  It did take about 2 weeks for the dealer service manager talking back and forth with "GM regional" to finally get approval to replace the mirror under warranty.

As soon as I folded the mirrors with the new one on the passenger side, there was a noticeable difference in speed and sound between the smooth, silent new one and the slow, groaning driver's mirror.

Jump forward to about a month ago.  Driver's side mirror has gotten slower and 'groanier'.  Every morning I would video it unfolding to try to catch it sticking.  It finally happened and I got it on video.  Took it in to the same dealer.  Different service advisor.  I hit the button to demonstrate the bad mirror, of course it works fine.  But... the advisor says he can immediately tell the motors are bad and it needs replaced.  No questions, no arguments, no "we'll see if we can replicate".  Done.

Driver's mirror was replaced yesterday, works smooth, quiet, fast.

Lucky... as it has 35,820 miles and 35 months 18 days on it.

If your mirrors are sticking or are slow and noisy.. and you have warranty coverage... take it in.  Get it on video if you can.  But at ~$1k each, don't take no for an answer.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a problem with the passenger mirror on my 21 Silverado  not folding in and out correctly. It’s a pain in the butt since I need to fold them in and out to pull in and out of the garage. 
l am also in agreement with the mirrors creating a blind spot at the intersection on the road or in a big busy parking lot I have had a couple of close calls. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 3:40 PM, Rgssn said:

I also have a problem with the passenger mirror on my 21 Silverado  not folding in and out correctly. It’s a pain in the butt since I need to fold them in and out to pull in and out of the garage. 
l am also in agreement with the mirrors creating a blind spot at the intersection on the road or in a big busy parking lot I have had a couple of close calls. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Rgssn.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 Chevrolet Silverado's towing mirrors not functioning properly. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Rgssn/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with my drivers side folding mirror on my 2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4.  The mirror on the driver side will not move at all but the passenger side works fine.  I pushed the button and tried to help it close with no luck.  Has anyone had any luck keeping them working after they started to fail?    

Edited by Greg22554

If you're out of warranty, you're probably out of luck to get them working again short of replacement.

I was keeping an eye on these guys to see if they came out with updated parts for the new style mirrors, but since I had both replaced under warranty I'm "good for now", and haven't contacted them in a while:

GM Power mirror gears/motors