Truck wont start

Hey there guys i have a problem with my 2007 Silverado 1500 New Body. I didnt disconnect any cables or anything i just turned it on and turned it off and it just wont start anymore. What it does is that the key fob wont even lock or unlock the doors. When i open the doors my dome lights wont turn on. I turn the key and my stereo turns on and plays music but my cluster lights dont turn on. My warning light do though and it says to service stabilititrak and traction control. When i turn key to start truck all lights just shut off and it does nothing i let go and the same lights turn on and the stereo as well. 

First start with the basics, check the battery, does it have at least 12V? Close to that with the key on? check and clean the connections. There have been numerous posts of similar problems but as far as I know no one has posted what the problem and cure is. I ran into a similar problem but I lucked out and disconnecting the bat and reconnecting with the key on fixed it. I suspect it's a BCM or bus problem

Did you unlock the passenger side door with the key? My 06 Avalanche has an anti theft thing in it. Disconnecting the battery for a while apparently resets the thing. Listen to Richard; he's pretty sharp.

• Like 1