Keyfob not being detected?

I have started having an issue where the fob isn't detected and asks me to put it in the cupholder.  While swapping out the battery seems like a no-brainer, I am curious as to why I can start my truck from a block away if the battery is taking a dump.

Anyone else have this issue?  Was it just the battery?  Truck is now about 2 years old

Only way I see a truck being started a block away is with the phone app.  With that said, I've had the displeasure of pulling 2 vehicles out of traffic because they lost communication with the fob.  Both were Dodge/Jeep vehicles, and both had auto start/stop.  I recommend getting that battery replaced before you become an obstruction in traffic. 

FYI, the temporary fix for the Mopars with dead remote was to have the driver walk away with the key while I pressed the ignition start button a few times until a message on the dash showed no remote was being detected.  I then had the driver walk back to the vehicle and start it up. 

• 6 months later...

2019 Silverado LTZ with 19k miles.

Today, for the first time ever, truck would not start. DIC said "remote not detected" then "place remote in cupholder". When I did, truck started no problem. Ever since then, this key fob won't lock, unlock, or start the truck. Remote battery (CR 2032) was at 2.7V, replaced it with a new one that read 3.05V, issue persists. Tried my backup remote, works fine with no issue. Seems my primary remote just died somehow? May try to reprogram the original remote just for sh#$% and grins.

For me, seemed like the range died on it.  If I swing my hip a bit toward the dash, it works.  I gave up trying to figure it out because it's not every time/hard to show the dealer

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this issue before with both my 22 Silverado, and my 19 RAM.  The common thing I had done was replace some of my bulbs with LEDS, which I believe might be causing RF interference based on some research I have done.  When I took the bulbs out the keyfob not detected message stops coming up.