2017 Silverado Infotainment System Has Gone Nuts

My infotainment system has lost its digital mind. Connected to my phone or not, it randomly (and rapidly) flips between radio, setup screens, navigation, Pandora etc. It started off being an occasional glitch and now is basically unusable. It has even started doing the same thing with the display in the instrument panel. I have tried a factory reset, recalibrating the touch screen, pulling the fuse... Nothing has corrected the problem. Considering the amount of electronics in a modern vehicle, if you can't rely on the radio to last 5 years, what other critical systems can I expect to fail?

This vehicle cost almost as much as my first house. I expect better than this. I've read countless other forums where owners have reported the same behavior so I know it's not just my vehicle with this issue. I spoke with the dealer who wants $150 just to run diagnostics. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to address this that doesn't involve getting fleeced by a dealership?

Same problem with my 2015. I did everything you did, no go. Replaced HMI module twice, same problem after a couple of months. Replaced with rebuilt touch screen from Infotainment.com about 3 months ago, same issues. They sent me another touchscreen ($600) about a month ago, No problems since. My Chevy dealer knows about these issues, but GM is doing nothing about problem! Spent about 2k, should have replaced the radio. You can send your touchscreen for repair ($400) with about 1 week turn around. That is only way to go as GM is not making new parts.

Some have had success on eBay for the digitizer 

I paid $200 plus heavy shipping costs but others are finding them much cheaper. 
It’s a relatively easy DIY project. 

several threads on this and a few how to videos on YouTube 

good luck 

Digitizer on your touch screen is toast. You can either replace the whole screen (comes with new digitizer) or disconnect the digitizer itself from the screen. As stated above, there are several threads showing both procedures. Just a matter of how much you wish to spend.

7 hours ago, Wyatt1963 said:

Some have had success on eBay for the digitizer 

I paid $200 plus heavy shipping costs but others are finding them much cheaper. 
It’s a relatively easy DIY project. 

several threads on this and a few how to videos on YouTube 

good luck 

Thanks Wyatt. Time to go hunting for a screen.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:50 PM, Paul Ginther said:

My infotainment system has lost its digital mind. Connected to my phone or not, it randomly (and rapidly) flips between radio, setup screens, navigation, Pandora etc. It started off being an occasional glitch and now is basically unusable. It has even started doing the same thing with the display in the instrument panel. I have tried a factory reset, recalibrating the touch screen, pulling the fuse... Nothing has corrected the problem. Considering the amount of electronics in a modern vehicle, if you can't rely on the radio to last 5 years, what other critical systems can I expect to fail?

This vehicle cost almost as much as my first house. I expect better than this. I've read countless other forums where owners have reported the same behavior so I know it's not just my vehicle with this issue. I spoke with the dealer who wants $150 just to run diagnostics. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to address this that doesn't involve getting fleeced by a dealership?

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Paul Ginther.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2017 Chevrolet Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Paul Ginther/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com