Tires for highway, snow, mud forestry roads.

4 minutes ago, asilverblazer said:

BFG All Terrain T/A KO2

Pretty much the only tire I used. My first consideration was road noise. I’ve gotten them as high as 14 ply for the thorny bushes in the Austin area. Always gotten high mileage out of them. I never tried any other, didn’t see the need.

• Haha 1

Search the forum, very popular topic to talk about.

Michelin Defenders and Toyo open country AT's are some of the best for the money.

BFG KO2's are over hyped and overkill for 95% of people that buy them. Plus if you tow alot, I'd suggest something else.

Also, all Michelin products are going up another 9% in January so buy them before that. Most tires are already up 20-30% year over year so it's going to hurt even more soon. Over sized KO2's can easily run $2,000+ now just for the tires.

• Like 1

This like asking about mufflers. Most of my ROW costumers run KOs. They last and are quite. Probably most do the job. My deal was noise. I never had a problem there. And I never had a flat on ROWs even in the thorny bushes. Just facts, no hype.

10 hours ago, CamGTP said:

BFG KO2's are over hyped and overkill for 95% of people that buy them. Plus if you tow alot, I'd suggest something else.

I'll overhype them. No flats, blow outs, odd wear, out of round, poor balance, etc. with at least 4 different sets and over 200,000 miles of use (not on one set). 

I won't buy anything else for any of my trucks.

I will NOT run Michelin. My experience with them has been bad.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You do know that BFG is owned by Michelin right? You are running Michelins with a different name attached to them.

I work for a leading tire manufacture and deal with these tires by the hundreds of thousands every year along with multiple places with fleet accounts. The KO2's are good tires but depending how you use the tire and the vehicle, they are usually not the best choice. For one they are one of the most expensive tires, they don't last long when towing compared to other tires and they only come in LT ratings which for fleets using half tons they don't really like.

It's nice that you've bought 16 tires over the years and haven't had a single problem with your vehicles but I've got a few companies that will drag that hype straight down with how many sets they've bought and didn't get what they thought they should have from them. In the end this is a 6 of 1 or half dozen of the other type thing, people try stuff and never try anything else.

• Like 2

I ran KO2s and now have Michelin Defenders.  Don't think I'll go back as they are too much for what I need and give up 2 mpg on the highway.  While I have not played off-road as much with the Michelins, they've gone everywhere the KO2s on my other truck and the Nitto Trail Grapplers on my daughter's truck and did no get stuck or even slow down.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 11:55 AM, swathdiver said:

I ran KO2s and now have Michelin Defenders.  Don't think I'll go back as they are too much for what I need and give up 2 mpg on the highway.  While I have not played off-road as much with the Michelins and geometry dash unblocked, they've gone everywhere the KO2s on my other truck and the Nitto Trail Grapplers on my daughter's truck and did no get stuck or even slow down.

Thanks for your response. 

• Like 1

Firestone Destination XT is a good one to look at.  

Firestone Destination X/T

On 12/10/2022 at 11:15 AM, asilverblazer said:

I will NOT run Michelin. My experience with them has been bad.

Michelin has owned and manufactured BFG since 1990.  Now what will you do?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CamGTP said:

Our point is that we are just calling you out and you don't want to acknowledge it, but that is fine.

Michelin owns BFG but you hate Michelin tires, it's okay to be wrong sometimes.

One tire brand works for me and one doesn't. I doubt they are making a Michelin tire right on the same line as the BFG. 

Not liking the Beetle isn't going to stop me from driving Bentley. Dur-Dur-Dur... Volkswagon owns Bentley - please, shut your mouth your drooling. 🤣