Center console wanted, 2023 HD shipped with wrong seat code

After waiting 14 months from my original 2022 order my 2023 3500HD finally came home today.

Unfortunately, the original 2022 order that was never picked up due to allocation difficulties.

It was reordered July 22 as a 2023 MY. Due to someone’s screw up, not sure if it was dealer or GM but the code for bucket seats was omitted.
Meanwhile, December 1, 2022, the small single location dealership I ordered the truck from was purchased by a larger dealership group.

This dealership is telling me there is nothing they can do because it isn’t available as a kit, some of the parts aren’t available, and they didn’t place the order.

If anyone is interested, I have a high spec leather jump seat with under seat storage, rear vents, and 2 rear USB charge ports out of a 2023 3500HD LT. 

Would like to swap for a full center console. LT or LTZ

Willing to kick in some cash for price difference.

I have followed some of the other threads on here about swaps, seems pretty straightforward.

Located in North Central Iowa, can work out shipping.

6E4DA8BC-E571-47C9-85CB-748824FCF9F0.jpeg

ECEE1469-355D-45EF-BD12-DA993078BF61.jpeg

9A0BC036-3577-4FBA-B41E-8F78E88F920F.jpeg

Take a look around on car-parts.com. i did a quick look on there this morning and there are a few available.  A bunch on there for 1500's.  Im not sure if its the same console or not.  However, there are a few for 2500/3500 that are in one piece.

The set up you have and want to get rid of is one of my favorite things about my truck lol. I love the versatility of having six passenger seating and not having anything dividing the two seats. Trans hump is a nice place for Kleenex or wife’s purse etc. 

• Like 1

I know. Once about every 3 years I might want it. I hate that I can’t fit a file folder in either the top or the bottom. 

My last 2 pickups had buckets with large center console, I have really grown to like it.

I drive a 2021 1500 LT Double cab for work. It has the cheap fleet cloth seat with no under seat storage. I folded the armrest down the day I drove it off the lot and haven’t raised it once. 

Really was hoping for the full console.

1 hour ago, Pryme said:

The set up you have and want to get rid of is one of my favorite things about my truck lol. I love the versatility of having six passenger seating and not having anything dividing the two seats. Trans hump is a nice place for Kleenex or wife’s purse etc. 

I totally agree Pryme.  The only thing I would like to find in the future is a back seat that has the fold down armrest and cupholders.  I looked on car-parts today and could only find it with leather of which I hate.

• Like 1

Sorry this happened to you. I was really wanting a GMC but had to go to a SLT or higher to get the bucket seats w/ full center console. Ended up with a Chevy because they allowed it as an option in the LT trim.

I really wanted the Convenience Package II but was on constraint so I went without but to find out a couple weeks after the order was placed, it was available. Dealer wouldn't let me place another order and other dealers wouldn't give me as good as a deal as I was getting. At the time I felt OK that at least the original dealer had immediate allocation but only to have a supply chain issue with the spray-in bedliner and delayed my delivery over 3 months.

Definitely not a fun experience for my 1st new vehicle that I dreamed about since graduating college 17 years ago.. I drove a 2005 Chevy Avalanche over 14 years and 260,000 miles to be frugal while raising a family. To top it off, the dealer said it would be delivered in Oct. so I sold my Avalanche around that time and had to borrow my folks' car until Jan. when it finally arrived.

Edited by nocturnalmotors

• 4 weeks later...