2024 Sierra and Silverado HD Order Guides

9 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

The date for full changeover has been set at Feb 27th for some time now. There have been runs of production 24's already, in fact there is supposed to be some built this week. There are 24's in the shipping yard next to the plant. It was hard to get a count since the only way to see the yard is from I-75 and its hectic to say the least. The 24's appear to be masked off with the white shipping covers on the cabs and front ends. Crazy guess would say theres at least a couple dozen that I could see. The rest of the yard was dominated by white trucks and a lot of chassis cabs, my guess would be a push for upfitter models. 

I’ll have to keep my eye out for them next time I drive but there. I just drove by on Sunday but wasn’t paying attention for 2024’s. Just admiring the massive massive amounts of trucks sitting there. 

Edited by Ry Guy

The pricing is online for the dealers. I went through the specs for my potential order yesterday and got pricing. What they dont have is an allocation right now so even if I was ready to order it wouldn't mean anything. They did say that most if not all of the running boards/ step boards are on restriction until summer and cannot be included in the order. This is strange since the body did not change. Probably similar to the issues getting rear wheel liners for trucks that didnt get built with them. 

My next challenge is to make sure it gets built in Flint. I really do not want an Oshawa truck for a variety of reasons, first and foremost I want to try to arrange a tour when my truck gets built. Hopefully being able to follow it through the build. 

The pricing was pretty much what had been reported. Considering some content was added I didnt think it was crazy although this one is almost 9k more than my 2021 and only has a couple of lower cost items added. 

Edited by 64BAwagon

1 hour ago, 64BAwagon said:

The pricing is online for the dealers. I went through the specs for my potential order yesterday and got pricing. What they dont have is an allocation right now so even if I was ready to order it wouldn't mean anything. They did say that most if not all of the running boards/ step boards are on restriction until summer and cannot be included in the order. This is strange since the body did not change. Probably similar to the issues getting rear wheel liners for trucks that didnt get built with them. 

My next challenge is to make sure it gets built in Flint. I really do not want an Oshawa truck for a variety of reasons, first and foremost I want to try to arrange a tour when my truck gets built. Hopefully being able to follow it through the build. 

The pricing was pretty much what had been reported. Considering some content was added I didnt think it was crazy although this one is almost 9k more than my 2021 and only has a couple of lower cost items added. 

How will you make sure you get a Flint truck?

Thats a good question. Right now a lot depends on content and how GM decides to divide the builds. Logistically it only makes sense because the dealer is actually closer to Flint assembly than I am. The delivery from Oshawa would be much more than the 10 miles from Flint, but then when did GM ever make sense. 

55 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

Theres also a rumbling that Oshawa will build all Chevys and Flint will build both with all of the GMC coming from Flint. Good news for anyone with a GMC order. 

I’m glad I randomly got a flint truck. I’d rather support American jobs than Canada. 

I thought they all came out of flint. It wasn’t til I joined this forum I learned otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Pryme said:

I’m glad I randomly got a flint truck. I’d rather support American jobs than Canada. 

I thought they all came out of flint. It wasn’t til I joined this forum I learned otherwise. 

Oshawa is one of GM's highest rated and awarded plants.  The fact that it supports Canadian jobs vs. American jobs is a moot point IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newdude said:

Oshawa is one of GM's highest rated and awarded plants.  The fact that it supports Canadian jobs vs. American jobs is a moot point IMO.

I agree with you on everything automotive so far. But not this. 

If I have a choice, why would I not want a fellow American to have the work vs someone in a different country? Same reason I don’t like a lot of manufacturing being sent down to Mexico. 
This country is losing its manufacturing. 

I mean even my truck is filled with made in Mexico parts I’ve noticed. 

For me the issue isnt Canadian vs US, we are close enough to Canada and the I-69 corridor that our economies are intertwined. My reason for wanting a Flint truck are partly the fact that I want to see mine go down the line. There are other reasons, some of them anecdotal and some I cannot repeat. 

Edit. aside from the shipping issues that Oshawa seems to have. My dealer told me the other day that he has several Oshawa builds that have been in shipping status for over 30 days, hell you could walk to Oshawa and push it here faster than that. 

Edited by 64BAwagon