2022 Silverado 12V power receprtacle failed.

Hello all

It has been a while sense I posted here for several reasons. Shortly after ordering a 2021 Duramax 3500 to replace my 2009 the engine in the 2009 stated leaking compression in to the cooling system.

So being busy keeping that on the road without spending 6 or 8 grand on the engine I haven’t had time to post here.

I finally got the 2021 I ordered February 2021 came in March 22 as a 2022.

It has been in the shop for problems with the DEF system every month sense I got the truck. They finally got it working correctly.

Now my problem is I assumed the 12V power receptacle was protected by a fuse, however it melted the plug and receptacle. Now I am having problems with Android Auto that requires the data cable between the cell phone and the truck.

My question is how do I gain access to the back side of the USB and 12V power plugs to see if there is wire damage?

Phil P2

Edited by Phil P2

• Phil P2 changed the title to 2022 Silverado 12V power receprtacle failed.
On 1/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, Phil P2 said:

Hello all

It has been a while sense I posted here for several reasons. Shortly after ordering a 2021 Duramax 3500 to replace my 2009 the engine in the 2009 stated leaking compression in to the cooling system.

So being busy keeping that on the road without spending 6 or 8 grand on the engine I haven’t had time to post here.

It has been in the shop for problems with the DEF system every month sense I got the truck. They finally got it working correctly.

Now my problem is I assumed the 12V power receptacle was protected by a fuse, however it melted the plug and receptacle. Now I am having problems with Android Auto that requires the data cable between the cell phone and the truck.

My question is how do I gain access to the back side of the USB and 12V power plugs to see if there is wire damage?

Phil P2

Unfortunately I don't know how to help you with gaining access to the power plugs.  But I'm hoping to keep your original post alive in the event someone else does.  Have you thought about taking it in to the dealer under warranty perhaps?  And you are right, that 12v plug should have never melted anything down nor should you be having problems with your USB-c connector.  Perhaps it did blow a fuse and that is why your data cable isn't working.  Have you looked at your fuses?  I have no idea which one but I'm sure it would be easy to find from the manual.  Good luck and I hope you get this rectified soon.

9 hours ago, Pryme said:

I’m pretty sure at least with apple car play the maps and stuff will only work plugged into the regular usb slot and not the usb-c. 

as for taking a look behind there you will need to pull the whole bezel off around the radio ect I’m sure. 

My android works great on USB-c.  I didn't know apple would only work on the USB.  

24 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

My android works great on USB-c.  I didn't know apple would only work on the USB.  

I thought we tried once and used the maps on regular usb and then tried once on the USBc and it didn’t project on the screen but I will have to try and pay attention to that as I’m not sure my wife does all that from the passenger seat 

On 1/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, Phil P2 said:

Hello all

Phil P2

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Phil P2.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax 3500. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Phil P2/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com