22 SLT Level= recalibrate?

divotdm

Hi, just picked up a 22 Sierra 1500 SLT and am looking into leveling it. I see GM offers a 2" kit$$ that includes recalibration of the electric power steering and front camera. Does lifting the front 2" and maybe 1" bigger tires mess up the camera and steering? Would like to keep the proper function of the camera.

Thanks!!

when you lift a truck it changes the toe in, so an alignment is necessary. then to keep your steering wheel centered they do an eps recalibration. your camera is set for a specific focus range and lifting changes that just like your headlight will also be out of adjustment. so yes to do the job right these all should be recalibrated

28 minutes ago, silveradosid said:

when you lift a truck it changes the toe in, so an alignment is necessary. then to keep your steering wheel centered they do an eps recalibration. your camera is set for a specific focus range and lifting changes that just like your headlight will also be out of adjustment. so yes to do the job right these all should be recalibrated

Agreed. 

However, also realize that a whole lot of people level their trucks without doing anything beyond an alignment. 

Yes, but they won't have a calibration available unless you purchased and installed the GM lift kit.  The kit comes with a unique calibration authorization code that the dealer phones in to GM and GM then writes the proper cal files for your truck for the dealer to flash.  

8 hours ago, newdude said:

Yes, but they won't have a calibration available unless you purchased and installed the GM lift kit.  The kit comes with a unique calibration authorization code that the dealer phones in to GM and GM then writes the proper cal files for your truck for the dealer to flash.  

this

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2023 at 8:24 AM, divotdm said:

Does the adaptive cc and lane assist still function properly?

Thanks!!

i just did a 3.5 inch lift on mine, with a 285/65r20 tire. I can’t tell any difference in camera views, lane change, or anything else. Everything works just as it did before. 

IMG_3488.jpeg