2023 Chevrolet WT - Possible to add hands free controls?

I just ordered a White Silverado WT 4WD Double Cab, Standard Bed,Vinyl Seats & Flooring, with the following:

Spoiler
Work Truck Value Package
- Work Truck Convenience Package
- Trailering Package
Work Truck Safety Package
Work Truck Package
Adaptive Cruise Control
Chevytec spray-on bedliner
Black Work steps
Front and rear Black molded splash guards
Rear wheelhouse liners
Multi-Flex Tailgate w/Lights

I was wondering to myself if it was possible to get hands free for the radio IOR and calling. Upon researching it, there were people who bought a new steering wheel with the buttons, and upgraded their instrument cluster, and were able to do so with the following:

I was pretty excited about the possibility and was ready to do it, but it was talking about not compatible with refresh 2022.5 and 2023 1500's on the site (apparently 2500/3500's still work for 2023?).

I was just wondering if anyone had gotten a WT/Custom/Pro radio keys working on a 2023 vehicle or if I was reading things wrong. I'm assuming it only works from 2019-2021 vehicles, and the refresh they're talking about happened in 2022.

Thanks Sincerely,

--Jem

Chances are its not going to be done.  The whole idea of a work truck is to not have all he bells and whistles so the architecture of the truck will likely make its impossible to add these features or at least, very expensive endeavor.  Trade it in for one with the features you want.  

... Trade it in for one with the features you want.  

I appreciate the comment, however stepping up to the Custom costs about 4K and you can't get a Vinyl interior, it comes with 20" wheels (I'm not a fan of low profile wheels), and you still have to add most the options I wanted. It's a 10K jump to the LT, and not worth it to me. I'd just seen people doing it with the 2019-2021 trucks and was hoping someone had figured out a way with the newer ones as well. I'd spend a grand for a nice leather steering wheel and hands free buttons, not 10+, so this is the one with the features I want for the price.

Have  you tried to add it to the order?

I don't believe it's available. I have most the options available for a WT, and there's nothing under interior options. I am already looking at a REDARC Trailer break controller, an autostop eliminator, so I was just hoping while I had everything torn apart I could maybe throw a new steering wheel on there/maybe instrument dash cluster and get the hands free/radio controls to work.

The WT and Custom still have the old dash and the 7" IOR radio so I would think you could still do the steering wheel and cluster swap. I don't know if the other wiring architecture is still the old style. On my 21 Custom Trail Boss I ordered the safety confidence package for $390 that included the steering wheel controls and the color display in the cluster.

1 hour ago, GETGONE said:

The WT and Custom still have the old dash and the 7" IOR radio so I would think you could still do the steering wheel and cluster swap. ... On my 21 Custom Trail Boss I ordered the safety confidence package ... that included the steering wheel controls ...

I found out that the new refresh trucks encrypt the CAN Bus from the OpenPilot guy's. That's what all the components use to share information, so it locks out any sort of electronic mods. Someone may break it someday, but for now a lot of the stuff you could do on the older vehicles can no longer be done.

I did order the Work Truck Safety Package, as well as add Adaptive Cruise Control. So fingers crossed it's delivered with hands free and radio control buttons. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Same here, 2021 Trail Boss Custom, IOR radio and I ordered the safety confidence package w/steering wheel controls and color display. I have seen at least one thread on this forum to add the steering wheel w/controls and the color cluster. I think there was an additional clock spring or wiring harness needed. I also believe WAMS (White Automotive Services) was involved possibly to supply the cluster w/color display. I would search this forum and contact WAMS for more info.