Texas auto value

I have not dealt with them, but have passed by in the past. Read these online reviews thoroughly. Seems legit. You can't really beat meeting at your bank and depositing funds. No way out of that. Likely buying due to a decent profit margin. Trucks down. This way are ridiculous in price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askdfw/comments/pazk46/is_texas_auto_value_legit/

22 minutes ago, steveo2155 said:

Is this legit? Just listed 17 Silverado for sale and had a guy message me from Texas auto value and then call me and wants to fly in next week to meet at my local bank with cash to pay off loan and get title to buy my truck? 

If you’re in the CarPro market area. I would check out their website. They push carbingo. 

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

If you’re in the CarPro market area. I would check out their website. They push carbingo. 

I'm in iowa, not near any large cities. The offer that this texas auto value offered me was only a few hundred off my asking price, which was close to nada retail value in the first place. I posted on Facebook marketplace this morning and these guys contacted me a few hours later.

The scam is: I want to buy your truck I can have my brother in law to pay for it, he is in your town closing up a deal for me. Problem is that my customer gave him a check for ****** many dollars, can you deposit it, wait for it to clear, then give him your personal check for the balance and keep $500 for the trouble, I trust you. Then just give him the truck and we are all good.

The bank will clear the check because you are a good customer, but they find out the check is bogus and take the money out of your account (yes, its legal) and you are screwed.

If you feel any hint of discomfort now you will feel more discomfort when you find out what happened.

However this isn't a private buyer. It is a company called Texas Auto Value and they fly in, meet at my bank where the title is held. Inspect my truck at the bank, then go into the bank, pay cash to the teller - since there is a lien on it - and get the title to it. I would sign over and they do a bill of sale. I confirmed everything is cash at the bank, no checks, no transfers of any kind. That is why I am having a hard time figuring out what the scam would be on their end- assuming they show up next week when they say they are going to.

As of now, I am supposed to meet them next week at my bank. I talked to the bank and they said as long as it's cash they can release title to them right then and there. Texas auto value said they will provide bills of sale. Still not sure if this is all legit or not but I guess we will see. If it's cash verified by the bank I would think I don't have anything to worry about.

The be-all-end-all would be to just have them wire the money while you're at your bank. Theres really no doubt at that point. But, a counterfeit marker checker would verify cash of course. 

On 3/15/2023 at 5:13 PM, Homewrecker007 said:

Most of the deals on Facebook are too good to be true.

Sometimes, there are honest people in the world. Case in point: I put my '12 up for sale recently and priced it for a few hundred under top dollar; excellent condition KBB selling price. Someone messaged me later that evening asking if they could come see it the following day (Saturday). They showed up and expressed satisfaction of the condition (I babied it and it was rust-free despite being in Minnesota). Went for a test drive and they said they'd take it for my asking price. They came later in the week with a bank check (local-ish, as they were only about an hour drive from me). It was the easiest, best car-sales transaction I think I've ever had.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, carkhz316 said:

The be-all-end-all would be to just have them wire the money while you're at your bank. Theres really no doubt at that point. But, a counterfeit marker checker would verify cash of course. 

Sometimes, there are honest people in the world. Case in point: I put my '12 up for sale recently and priced it for a few hundred under top dollar; excellent condition KBB selling price. Someone messaged me later that evening asking if they could come see it the following day (Saturday). They showed up and expressed satisfaction of the condition (I babied it and it was rust-free despite being in Minnesota). Went for a test drive and they said they'd take it for my asking price. They came later in the week with a bank check (local-ish, as they were only about an hour drive from me). It was the easiest, best car-sales transaction I think I've ever had.

It's good to know there's still some honest people out in the world.  Most of the deals I run across on Facebook they are pretty shady. I've had 2 good experiences with marketplace.

1 hour ago, Homewrecker007 said:

It's good to know there's still some honest people out in the world.  Most of the deals I run across on Facebook they are pretty shady. I've had 2 good experiences with marketplace.

Oh, by and large it's tire kicking and BS about 80% of the time. It's just whether buying or selling, the screaming deals that can be had once in awhile is worth putting up with the shenanigans. At least for now.

• Like 1

I closed the deal today. They showed up at my bank with cash, bill of sale, etc all verified by the bank. The only thing I am not familiar with was statement of facts form that looked like the following and had place to sign. Anyone familiar with this form?

20230320_174451.jpg

• Like 1