2023 Chevy Silverado 2500HD clunk

I think suspension.  Only when doing those things.  Like when the truck has to flex.

If I go to the bed and push back and fourth, passenger side to driver side a nosie comes like a clunk from around the gas tank? But everything  is tight.

Almost sounds like the exhaust pipe is lose. I checked everything under truck, everything looks great. Truck has less than 300 miles on it

1 hour ago, Just Mike said:

I think suspension.  Only when doing those things.  Like when the truck has to flex.

If I go to the bed and push back and fourth, passenger side to driver side a nosie comes like a clunk from around the gas tank? But everything  is tight.

Almost sounds like the exhaust pipe is lose. I checked everything under truck, everything looks great. Truck has less than 300 miles on it

My dealer said it's normal for side to side noise. I still have an appointment for the 31st for the sound. I said that I can make the noise by jumping on the open tailgate with my upper torso. 

I can grab the handhold of the bed and move the bed sideways violently and make a hellava racket around the fueltank/left spring pack. Windows up and moving around 5mph, just the expansion cracks in gravel roads with frost coming out will produce the noise. Center pivot tracks are terrible. 

Noise was not there before putting on lift at dealer for the complementary oil change. Noticed noise immediately. Thought it was gravel/sand in spring packs. Hasn't gotten any better in 1500 miles.

At home, I did get truck stuck trying to angle cross a road ditch to attempt to flex the frame/suspension to make the noise break-in or make it worse. 23 2500 AT4.

2 hours ago, Just Mike said:

Have you tried laying on the ground underneath that area while someone else does the side to side shake you described?  You might be able to pinpoint the source of the noise. 

I have had similar noises that ended up being the torsion bars moving in the pocket. I usually sprayed them down with a lubricant and turned the screws about a 1/2 turn to change the pressure on the keys. 

Might be worth a try. 

I was having some random clunking sounds going around slow turns or into off camber driveways etc and I started noticing it was after slushy crap was frozen somewhere underneath the truck but then after it was warm it wasn’t making anymore sounds. So far it’s been clunk free. 
I often think trucks have a settling period. Mine now has a bit over 4k miles. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just got truck back from dealer that replaced both leaf packs and U-bolts.

Absolutely no side to side noise, no matter how hard i shake. Also no more creaking getting in or out of cab or bed.

1 hour ago, gemarsh said:

Just got truck back from dealer that replaced both leaf packs and U-bolts.

Absolutely no side to side noise, no matter how hard i shake. Also no more creaking getting in or out of cab or bed.

I have a few random small creaks when you jump up into the bed or bounce up and down in it or if I jump up on one of my side steps. I never hear anything when driving though. 

if it were to get worse I’d probably bring it in. How bad was yours? How long did they have it? So the leafs and u bolt assembly were bad?

3 hours ago, Pryme said:

I have a few random small creaks when you jump up into the bed or bounce up and down in it or if I jump up on one of my side steps. I never hear anything when driving though. 

if it were to get worse I’d probably bring it in. How bad was yours? How long did they have it? So the leafs and u bolt assembly were bad?

Here's a weird analysis by me, you all are used to it by now I hope.  But doesn't this boil down to the U bolts not being torqued right from the factory?  How on earth will a new set of leaf springs and U bolts solve this problem?  I'm obviously missing something here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

Here's a weird analysis by me, you all are used to it by now I hope.  But doesn't this boil down to the U bolts not being torqued right from the factory?  How on earth will a new set of leaf springs and U bolts solve this problem?  I'm obviously missing something here.

I agree. It seems it’s something else. 

Last month it went in. Tech followed procedure of loosening and re-torqued used the three step process. It did not cure the creaking. GM procedure was to replace spring packs. Only left side was making noise. 

I asked the tech if he had loosened the rear spring hanger while on the wheels, not hanging from the frame?

He said yes, but I don't think he understood, cause that is when he had done the u bolt re-torque.

I used the free oil change at 1200 miles and had the uf3 upgrade done mainly. I'm sure the dealer had it hanging by the frame to drop the oil.

I immediately heard the creaking leaving the dealer. No matter how much weight I had on the tongue or bed would cure it after weight was removed.

I'm at 4560 miles now and it sounds like a new truck should, not a 70's 50k mile ford front suspension. 

13 hours ago, Pryme said:

I'm on the high end of 250lbs. Everytime I would stand on the assist step to enter or exit the cab it would creak, unless I had a trailer hooked up, loading the springs.

Rolling over anything more than a 1/2" would make it creak. Never heard it moving down the road. From a farmers perspective, think of going through a drive thru or shopping mall with speed bumps. Under 5mph it sounded like grampas rocking chair.

It was gone if the undercarriage was wet from road splash, until it dried.