l8t whipple for 2020- 2022 2500hd

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/03/whipple-will-soon-launch-a-gm-6-6l-l8t-v8-supercharger-kit/                                                                  complete kit with tuning 700+ ft lb torq.  whats your thoughts folks???? some body must have finally cracked the computer open im guessing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kjduvall said:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/03/whipple-will-soon-launch-a-gm-6-6l-l8t-v8-supercharger-kit/                                                                  complete kit with tuning 700+ ft lb torq.  whats your thoughts folks???? some body must have finally cracked the computer open im guessing.

That’s awesome. I wonder if it really is for only 20-22. I think I did read somewhere that the 23+ has some changes to the software or something. No idea. But that blower would be a real hoot. 

• Like 1

agree, would love to buy it but just put all my extra cash down on a piece of property to build a new house. regardless i dont think it would matter 6spd or 10spd, power everywhere and screw blowers are known for low end power....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It will work for 23s. 2024s have Global B com system. They are pretty much stuck stock, possibly even tire size, for life because of the hardcore encryption and ability for the mothership to over-the-air it back to stock.

Edited by Epsilon Plus

I will add it to my list of mods. It will go to the top of the list when it becomes available.

3 hours ago, Epsilon Plus said:

It will work for 23s. 2024s have Global B com system. They are pretty much stuck stock, possibly even tire size, for life because of the hardcore encryption and ability for the mothership to over-the-air it back to stock.

If that's true then I'm really glad that I didn't wait for a 2024.

Large multimedia screen < Supercharger

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did twice. Only I bought the vehicle especially for the upgrade. And I didn’t buy the most expensive truck. Those were the days performance was the box check first. Ultimately it was well worth it. The last one was a package deal bought used. Was a blast for 12 years. Life is full of choices, now it’s comfort over speed. 7K for that upgrade, well worth it.

defenitly worth it, if you click on it its actually 7500 with out the tuning, another 1000 is for the tuning set up. so its 8500 all in with just the black finish, polished or powder coated for another 900 to 1400. my last procharged truck was in that ball park after big injectors/big fuel pump/regulater set up and final dyno tuning (all work done by myself except the tune). driving a blown truck is crazy fun, it makes a normal 400+ hp truck almost boring honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as they tell me that they can add it to my 2023, I'm all in for this. I'll bet the 6-speed tranny will be a perfect match for that blower.

I have more than enough money to have paid the extra $10k for the diesel. I didn't want a diesel. One reason being that I spend a lot of time in subzero temps.

Another reason is I have a lot of machinery that runs on gas. Generators, Quads, other vehicles, etc. It's very convenient to only have to carry 1 fuel type with me. That way it's all completely interchangeable. If anything runs out of gas, I have spare gas. I only buy ethanol-free gas for my storage tanks for this very reason. I have a Cummins Onan 4k generator on my toy hauler with a 40 gallon tank, it's filled with gas as well as it's not diesel either. While ethanol gas will not hurt my truck, I don't want to put ethanol gas in my small engines.