Leaf spring part numbers

First time caller, long time listener.

Does anyone have a breakdown of rear spring part numbers and the gawr associated with them? 

I know it is floating around for torsion bars, and has helped soften the ride for those poor snow plow prep folks. 

Could end up being cheaper than cognito comfort ride leafs if GM had a few different options. 

I looked at my truck, and the door sticker states 6600 lbs, and I have 84992005 springs. 2022 AT4 gas engine. 

The GM fleet ordering guide is helpful for identifying the differences in torsion bars, but has all rear  GAWR at 6600 for all configurations if you ignore 17 in wheels.  (2wd/4wd all cab styles and bed lengths). 

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2022&addOptions=true&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=22222&section=specs&pagenum=3&butID=9

I can't wrap my head around what the other springs listed in the online parts stores are for if all trucks have the same rear GAWR of 6600 lbs. Maybe there are 4 different spring rates and the rear GAWR of 6600 has a different limiting factor. 

part numbers: 84992006/7/8

Edited by Joe97281
added info

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 3:42 PM, Joe97281 said:

First time caller, long time listener.

Does anyone have a breakdown of rear spring part numbers and the gawr associated with them? 

I know it is floating around for torsion bars, and has helped soften the ride for those poor snow plow prep folks. 

Could end up being cheaper than cognito comfort ride leafs if GM had a few different options. 

I looked at my truck, and the door sticker states 6600 lbs, and I have 84992005 springs. 2022 AT4 gas engine. 

The GM fleet ordering guide is helpful for identifying the differences in torsion bars, but has all rear  GAWR at 6600 for all configurations if you ignore 17 in wheels.  (2wd/4wd all cab styles and bed lengths). 

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2022&addOptions=true&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=22222&section=specs&pagenum=3&butID=9

I can't wrap my head around what the other springs listed in the online parts stores are for if all trucks have the same rear GAWR of 6600 lbs. Maybe there are 4 different spring rates and the rear GAWR of 6600 has a different limiting factor. 

part numbers: 84992006/7/8

i saw 84992005 was listed for 2500 & 3500,06&07 were 3500.  havent figured which has the extra spring {overload) set.