2023 Chevy 2500 help

Long story short, I traded my 2020 trailboss for this truck and I’m pretty happy minus a few luxury items missing. I’ve noticed that slow speeds turning or where the truck bed shifts, I hear a pop and I don’t like it. I’ve read maybe just the leafs doing it and a piece of rubber will fix it? Also, I notice with no music on, truck running, I hear a hissing sound from the steering wheel…hard to explain but it changes when I turn the wheel and sounds like a hydraulic line!? Normal?? Any insight because I know dang well what the stealership will say and I don’t want to go through it all if it’s actually normal. Thanks 

Steering is normal and even more normal if it has the digital assist steering.

Rear noise its likely the leaf pack.  "20-NA-022 Squeak, Grind or Clunking Noise from Rear Leaf Springs" and "21-NA-138 Squeak, Grind or Clunking Noise from Rear Leaf Springs" are the two bulletins on leaf pack noise.  

17 minutes ago, newdude said:

Steering is normal and even more normal if it has the digital assist steering.

Rear noise its likely the leaf pack.  "20-NA-022 Squeak, Grind or Clunking Noise from Rear Leaf Springs" and "21-NA-138 Squeak, Grind or Clunking Noise from Rear Leaf Springs" are the two bulletins on leaf pack noise.  

Are those bulletins for 2020-2021 is that what the 20 and 21 stands for? What about 22+

Same with the hissing on my 2022 lt…..only hear it with no music on in park or at idle and reacts to steering wheel moving or once you start moving…..annoying but have had no issues with it other then being annoying 

Well glad to hear it’s “normal” now to decide if I want to try and make the leaf noise go away with rubber strips or leave alone. I read some guys had the noise go away after 1000 miles or so and I’m only at 88 so I got time lo. The steering is so odd, mine is a Custom trim so I don’t think I have that digital assist but it’s definitely noticeable 

3 hours ago, Npd15 said:

Well glad to hear it’s “normal” now to decide if I want to try and make the leaf noise go away with rubber strips or leave alone. I read some guys had the noise go away after 1000 miles or so and I’m only at 88 so I got time lo. The steering is so odd, mine is a Custom trim so I don’t think I have that digital assist but it’s definitely noticeable 

The creaking in the rear goes away if the underside is drenched. Mine creaks when dry. 5100mi 

The hiss noise you hear is the power steering system. Its a hydraulic system and the noises are perfectly normal.  You hear a howl noise at idle with no movement on the steering wheel. Noise changes when moving the steering wheel.  Totally normal.  6.6 gas comes with hydraulic power steering and hydraulic brakes. 

• Thanks 1

These are noisy trucks, every single T1 2500 I've had made that steering noise.....I am not concerned unless the basic function is affected.....but yeah my 1500s were much quieter vehicles ......

I have digital steering now and it sounds sane as my LT's DID AT HARD LOCK on steering