How is it possible for a company to sell a truck like this?  66K miles and now the transmission problems.  Quote from the dealer is $2900 to fix a trans shutter.  The compressor went out last year, back sliding window leaked before that.  I have owned 20+ Chevy trucks and suburbans and this is model is an absolute mess.  By searching the forum and web I see I am not the only one.  Does it help to post with the NTSB or whoever manages recalls of poor quality?

I had same issue and then got a transmission flush at the dealership. Took care of the shutter. My truck also fluctuated RPMs at 50-80mph range, where the speed wouldn't change but RPMS changed. Was thinking my torque convertor was going bad. Just needed new trans oil is all. best of luck. FYI - I paid around 300 for that. I realized the stealership tacked in an extra "diagnostic" fee since I stated it was shuttering. Just a heads-up, if you know exactly what service you're requesting at a dealership they should be able to give you the exact pricing beforehand. So expect to pay under $300 for this trans oil change. Manual says it needs to be done every 60k IIRC. 

On 9/14/2023 at 5:23 PM, kenaparker said:

How is it possible for a company to sell a truck like this?  66K miles and now the transmission problems.  Quote from the dealer is $2900 to fix a trans shutter.  The compressor went out last year, back sliding window leaked before that.  I have owned 20+ Chevy trucks and suburbans and this is model is an absolute mess.  By searching the forum and web I see I am not the only one.  Does it help to post with the NTSB or whoever manages recalls of poor quality?

This is certainly not what we like to hear, kenaparker.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2019 Chevrolet Silverado's transmission. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: kenaparker/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

I also have a '19 that had that problem. Jus bought the truck with under 40k. Had it flushed with updated fluid and its runnin normal now. Cost me about 340 to have it flushed. Would definitely recommend trying that! They told me if that doesnt fix it the converter needs replaced!

On 9/18/2023 at 1:44 PM, DHBWA said:

Local dealers wanted $499 for a flush. I said “no thanks” Did two drain and refills with the blue label Mobil 1 LV HP fluid and all good…..$100

I was not sure about being able to flush and or drain and refill on a 2020 with the 10 speed was your the 10 or 6 speed?

• 2 weeks later...

Initial charge for me was going to be triple flush, reprogram transmission control module, and reprogram ECU for about $1300. Luckily warranty covered everything except the reprogramming which I pretty much had that covered too with my GM rewards for installation of rebuilt GM transmission for my wife's 2016 yukon slt. That's another story.

• 4 months later...

Have a 2019 rst with the 5.3 and 8 speed. Check engine light came on, took it to dealer, they did the trans flush and temp sensor. Went to pick it up, started it to leave the dealer light was back on. Now have valves stuck open in the trans and needs a new valve body. Parts on back order and no idk when they will be available. All under warranty still but frustrating that I can’t get parts or even be told when they’ll be available. 

2 hours ago, Asmith721 said:

Have a 2019 rst with the 5.3 and 8 speed. Check engine light came on, took it to dealer, they did the trans flush and temp sensor. Went to pick it up, started it to leave the dealer light was back on. Now have valves stuck open in the trans and needs a new valve body. Parts on back order and no idk when they will be available. All under warranty still but frustrating that I can’t get parts or even be told when they’ll be available. 

How many miles on your truck?

• 2 weeks later...