2008 GMC 4500 LMM 6.6L - wanting to buy and needing to research any and all info for these trucks

Hello forum members,

Any help with identifying this 2008 GMC 4500 LMM 6.6L - 197,645 on odometer (County fleet vehicle)

I am new to these trucks, have heard nothing but good info about them

Am I correct this is an Isuzu engine build ?

I did find enough VIN info to know its an LMM, beside that I know nothing more than what I have read about dependability etc...

I would like the forum to school me what I need to be focused on etc...

Being a county fleet vehicle and the limited info they have provided - I sent a VIN & Build Sheet request to GM however I have no ide how long it may take for them to get back to me

image.thumb.png.019c0bd9305e693dcfd0ba21c53b8ba9.png

image.thumb.png.cf36a84972fc74fe72076701a6e03062.png

• 2 weeks later...

thank you very much, I have convinced myself one of these class trucks are what I want - I only recently started looking at what GCWR is with my trailer or or other loads I pull all the time and found the 4500 and possibly the 5500 series are not much more than my current 1ton pick-up can carry, I am wanting to move into a truck that is not only stable on the road but can add weight rating to what I already have, I am having a hard time understanding the added cost of one of these trucks and factoring in the weight benefits for an additional GCWR of 2,000 to 4,000 lbs, the real reason behind my quest is the engine and dependability, so I am still trying to factor all these things

• Like 1