How much weight can I hold?

Are you thinkin of haulin dirt or sand? Or building materials?

I know the 2500HD is spec'd at about 3500 pounds, so I'd guess somewhere around a ton.

If you're careful about driving--take turns slowly, keep the g-force to a minimum, go slow over bumps---you can probably haul a yard of dirt at most.

Whatever you do, make sure you still have some rear suspension travel left after they load you. You can look under the truck where the axle crosses the frame rails. There are rubber bumpers there, and you should still have at least an inch or two between the rubber bumpers and the axle...

Yeah, that doesn't sound right.

8-x-8.jpg

This 8x8 kit weighs 1000 pounds...

Ask them how much it weighs...then you decide.

If the kit is longer than 7 ft, you'll want to deduct a little because the load won't be centered over your rear axle.

GVWR - weight of truck and driver.

from

http://www.internetautoguide.com/reviews/4...silverado/2003/

Payload capacities vary. The 1500 series offers payloads ranging from 1593 to 2334 pounds (depending on bed, cab, and drive configuration).

Your's should be near the top of that range I would think.

Alright thanks guys, They did not know what the sheds weight was. I looked on the box and could not find it. I did not think it could be over 1,000lbs, I just think they had no idea what they were talking about.

Well guys....

I went to another store and got the same shed but a 8x10. This is my truck with it loaded on, Seems like its having a hard time with it. :cheers::D:wtf:

Drove about 15 miles with it, Could not even tell I had it.

149412_340_full.jpg

Tungsten,

I have the same year and model of Chevy, only in Pewter; 2003 Silverado EC/SB LT Z-71 5.3 - 3.73.

Last year, my wife and I went hunting in Eastern Oregon. We killed an Asian water buffalo and a yak. My buff's carcass weighted 515 pounds and Karen's yak weighed 426 pounds (both on the butcher's certified scales). And we had a bunch of hunting gear, add prolly 150 pounds for that. Sooo, the load was on the far side of 1000 pounds.

Our Z-71's springs weren't even to the flat point (still bowed upwards) and the ride was FANTASTIC.

To get from our hunting area back to Portland, we had to climb the foothills of Mount Hood, in several inches of snow. Power and traction were absolutely no problem.

We also haul a 5000 pound (loaded) twenty-two foot trailer with the truck. Lots of hill-climbing power and overall mileage on towing trips is about 11.5 mpg. Unloaded, on family vacations on the highway, I often get 20 mpg and seldom get under 19 mpg.

The more I use the Z-71, the more impressed I get with the rig. For sure, a keeper.

Steve

Last year I hauled 45 cartons of laminate flooring (approx 1600lbs.) for my brother. Added him, my dad, and me in the cab. It ran just fine. Really soft ride, though. I used tow/haul mode and got it on the freeway just fine at about 65-70 mph. They loaded the stuff on a pallet and forklift and scuffed my spray-in bed liner. I was pissed. But, it handled the load just fine. A little sag in the back but not too bad. You should be fine.

Check your tire ratings too.

There is a reason why they call the 1500's the "half ton" models...

However, if you're only going 2-3 miles, might not be that bad.

I run Toyo Open Country Load Range E (ten-ply) tires. We hunt and the prickley pear cactus spines in Montana go through the OEM tire sidewalls like crazy. No such problems with 10-ply tires.

Interestingly, the "ride" of the Toyos is excellent; firmer, to be sure, but wonderfully secure. The ten-plys also stopped the dip that occurs when I hit a corner just a little too fast. :cheers:

And for towing our trailer, the added safety feels food.

Steve

So what we really have here is a sick society made sick by the threat of litigation.

The processing of "blame" has trumped common sense.

The sad truth is, that litigation by the few has made life suboptimal for the many.

I loathe the lawyers who make a living assigning blame, where no blame is due. And especially I loathe the consumers who hire those lawyers.

And I especially loathe the ubiquitous warning labels that seek to indemnify parties from such frivolous lawsuits.

Threat of litigation is the reason why the temperature readout in the rear view mirror says "ICE" when the temperature is between 27 and 35 degrees farenheit. One idiot, who was ignorant of the freezing point of water, has perpetually insulted our intelligence by making us look at his failure over and over, forever, whenever the temperature is between 27 and 35 degrees. It's a grotesque monument to stupidity and ignorance, made possible by our litigous society.

I'm sick of being warned about things that I am fully aware of.

I think they were just 2 lazy people that did not want to load anything into a truck.

The sheds weight was 800lbs and that was a 10x8 shed, My truck could haul that around all day.

Also I noticed they have signs allover that say they a not to be held responsible for how people get stuff home.

Archived