95 Sonoma Clutch Pedal

Hi, I have a 38K mile 1995 Sonoma with 4 cyl and 5 speed. The clutch pedal only needs to be depressed an inch or so to disengage the clutch. When you want to let the clutch out, it will not engage till you have the pedal almost all the way up!

What can I adjust to make it work closer to the floor? Truck has hwy miles and has never towed anything. Experienced MT driver always took care of the bone stock truck.

No fluid leakage signs from either the master or slave cylinders. Never needs toping off.

I recently replaced a clutch master cylinder on a Toyota car so I do know how a bad master cylinder feels when it fails and it is opposite of what this thing is doing.

Oh, how would you bleed that thing? How would you even remove the line from the slave? Saw no provision for that.

Thanks in advance, Confused in TX

I can't tell you an easy fix as as far as things go that's how it's supposed to work. If you had air in it you would be more where you want to be, with a softer pedal, so bleeding it won't accomplish anything in that direction. I know it's a strech but resurfacing the flywheel would do it. Look at the clutch pedal and see if there's any adjustment on the plunger depth that will allow you to set your free hieght closer to the floor, many vehicles have this though mostly Japanese. I can't tell you what exactly you have as these GM systems rarely need any attention and I'm just not sure what's under there on your truck. Now as for Fords, I've had to fix plenty of there clutch linkages. Built Ford tough is an insult.

As for a bleeder it would be a hollow nipple just like on brakes but above the hydraulic line on the slave cylinder.

Vernon

As for a bleeder it would be a hollow nipple just like on brakes but above the hydraulic line on the slave cylinder. 

Vernon

Thanks for the reply Vernon,

There is no nipple or anything else on the slave cylinder, just the plastic hose with a strange connection/clamp.

Could the clutch just be so thin (from wear) that it only takes a small amount of pressure to disengage it?

John

Vernon

Thanks for the reply Vernon,

There is no nipple or anything else on the slave cylinder, just the plastic hose with a strange connection/clamp.

Could the clutch just be so thin (from wear) that it only takes a small amount of pressure to disengage it?

John

Well on the bleeder, there is supposed to be one. Two possibilitys: one the last time someone tried to bleed it the nut part twisted off, been there done that. Or it's under a rubber cover type dust cap or similar.

Yes a thin disk would act as yours is acting. How many miles you got on that clutch? If you put it into O/D at about 45 and floor it does it slip? Maybe you don't want to know, am I right? LOL

Vernon

Archived