Horrible Gas Prices

chevy4x4trucks

$2.55 for regular here in SWPA (Pittsburgh) with Diesel at $2.75.

Right now we also have the reformulated blend for summer and it is our only choice, and I think the day it started it went up .10 because of it.

I wondered what the RVP cleaner gas sticker at Sheetz meant. Great reformulated gas in the summer means crappy summer milage and winter blend gas the rest of the year means crappy winter milage.

It's around $2.59 here for regular. I noticed that all of the Shell stations are also about 7 cents more expensive than every other gas station too. Shell was also the first station to price gouge when Hurricane Dennis came through here too...at least one day before eveyone else jacked up their prices.

It's around $2.59 here for regular. I noticed that all of the Shell stations are also about 7 cents more expensive than every other gas station too. Shell was also the first station to price gouge when Hurricane Dennis came through here too...at least one day before eveyone else jacked up their prices.

Ya know, it just might be that Shell saw the shortage coming, and bought some high priced oil (or refined gasoline) on the expensive spot market to help provide sufficient supplies for the spike in gasoline demand caused by the mass exodus of vehicles from the coast.

So despite your assertion that they were "gouging", there are other explanations, equally plausible. And if my guess is correct, Shell did everybody a favor by helping make enough gas available.

That's a good assessment, but they were actually reported for gouging here. And ironically enough, they were one of the first out of gas, despite upping their prices by about 35 cents per gallon compared to everyone else. Of course the very next day, the others raised their prices as well, but still not as high as Shell did. Sorry to take this thread off topic.

Archived