Avalance Weather-Striping

2nd day I've had my new AV. I was taking off the 1st of the 3 hard-cover panels and the weather-striping (where it butts up to meet the 2nd panel) was completely separtating from the panel :o. There was a bunch of pink adhesive visible under the weather-striping that obviously wasn't holding up under the heat of the day. And off course this is the same results with panel #2. I called my dealer (who has 30-40 Av's) and suggest that they could give me a set of panels off another truck and fix these, but they wouldn't go for my idea. They asked me to bring the vehicle in for service.:angry:Anyone else have this experience?

I also used the Hard panel storage case for the 1st time yesterday and it was kind of a pain in the A##. The manual directs that you 1st attach the  case to the tie-downs and then insert the panels in this order #3, 2, and 1. Wasn't rocket science but kind of physical. I can't see my wife ever performing this procedure!

Let me know any thoughts!

ps. Anyone purchased any of the "liners" yet?

Brad

I'll keep you guys posted!

I had the same problem in my extended cab truck, the weatherstripping was falling off of the top and would get caught in the door.  This would get quite annoying at freeway speeds.  I took it in and the guy in the body shop used some black silicone, I can't even get the stuff to budge now by pulling on it.

Brad,

I have not had that problem yet, and it has been plenty hot in NC.  As for storing the covers in the bag, I haven't had the need.  You are not the first person I have heard this from though.  The only time I have needed to remove the covers while I was out was to pick up a new tv.  I only pulled 2 of then and just placed them in the back seat.  

Bear

I have the same situation with my Avalance tops. The rubber is sealed with some type of white grease. I don't think it is suppose to stick. Anyway, the rubber comes off on my tops too.

Quote: from bshef on 12:11 pm on Aug. 25, 2001

2nd day I've had my new AV. I was taking off the 1st of the 3 hard-cover panels and the weather-striping (where it butts up to meet the 2nd panel) was completely separtating from the panel :o. There was a bunch of pink adhesive visible under the weather-striping that obviously wasn't holding up under the heat of the day. And off course this is the same results with panel #2. I called my dealer (who has 30-40 Av's) and suggest that they could give me a set of panels off another truck and fix these, but they wouldn't go for my idea. They asked me to bring the vehicle in for service.:angry:Anyone else have this experience?

I also used the Hard panel storage case for the 1st time yesterday and it was kind of a pain in the A##. The manual directs that you 1st attach the  case to the tie-downs and then insert the panels in this order #3, 2, and 1. Wasn't rocket science but kind of physical. I can't see my wife ever performing this procedure!

Let me know any thoughts!

ps. Anyone purchased any of the "liners" yet?

Brad

I'll keep you guys posted!

Archived