o2 simulators

hey guys i need your help, i have the dynatech supermaxx system on my truck wich let me use the stock o2 sensors, but now over time i have been throwing codes for a bad converter. Since the system comes with high flow cats im sure this is the computer freaking out about these crazy converters it doesnt understand.

so i work at the dealer here in maryland and i checked with the tech he of course said if i had not been a cheap ass and bought the ls1 edit program or something like that i could probley delete the rear o2's. anyway i talked to jegs, and summit and both said that they only make those simulators for up to 02 trucks and that the calibration would be differnt

so how do i fix this problem so i dont have to look at that light any more.

thanks

hey guys  i need your help,  i have the dynatech supermaxx system on my truck wich let me use the stock o2 sensors, but now over time i have been throwing codes for a bad converter.  Since the system comes with high flow cats im sure this is the computer freaking out about these crazy converters it doesnt understand. 

so i work at the dealer here in maryland and i checked with the tech he of course said if i had not been a cheap ass and bought the ls1 edit program or something like that i could probley delete the rear o2's.  anyway i talked to jegs, and summit and both said that they only make those simulators for up to 02 trucks and that the calibration would be differnt

thanks

High flow CAT's are greatly overrated and are not cause the O2 sensors to "freaking out" what is causing it is the chopped up exhaust system and the sensors are likely not heating enouch and mixtures are off too from chop job. (this is not a carb system that tolerates this hacking better) SImulator kind defeat the purpose of the close loop system and should not be simulated because it is a bandaid fix that will not provide the proper singal to provide feedback on mixture. SImulators are fixed devices that are never really right on and should be avoided if possible.

hey guys  i need your help,   i have the dynatech supermaxx system on my truck wich let me use the stock o2 sensors, but now over time i have been throwing codes for a bad converter.  Since the system comes with high flow cats im sure this is the computer freaking out about these crazy converters it doesnt understand.  

so i work at the dealer here in maryland and i checked with the tech he of course said if i had not been a cheap ass and bought the ls1 edit program or something like that i could probley delete the rear o2's.  anyway i talked to jegs, and summit and both said that they only make those simulators for up to 02 trucks and that the calibration would be differnt

thanks

High flow CAT's are greatly overrated and are not cause the O2 sensors to "freaking out" what is causing it is the chopped up exhaust system and the sensors are likely not heating enouch and mixtures are off too from chop job. (this is not a carb system that tolerates this hacking better) SImulator kind defeat the purpose of the close loop system and should not be simulated because it is a bandaid fix that will not provide the proper singal to provide feedback on mixture. SImulators are fixed devices that are never really right on and should be avoided if possible.

I have the same system on my '99. I had one code thrown for a bas sensore #2 second bank and replaces the sensor and have had no problems since.

hey guys  i need your help,   i have the dynatech supermaxx system on my truck wich let me use the stock o2 sensors, but now over time i have been throwing codes for a bad converter.  Since the system comes with high flow cats im sure this is the computer freaking out about these crazy converters it doesnt understand.  

thanks

Not shure im following you dude, i dont know if you have ever seen the dynatech supermaxx header system but it by far is not choped up, this system is got to be the best d**n system i have ever seen, required no modifications as other header systems do....and actualy took the best desing award presented by General Motors in 02. On top of that the corsa cat back is also a gm direct fit exaust. Now all respect given to the fact of non-stock items on the vehicle, in wich the computer was not calibrated for but i just find it hard to belive this is due to the exaust......

I'm not an expert, but have read that the Wester's tune will eliminate the rear sensors. I also heard about a company that has a piece that plugs in to the rear sensor's wiring that gives it a constant 14.7 reading from Cheyanne(sp) instruments or a similar name.

And yes, that header/cat system you bought i$ $ure pretty!! I'm still toooo cheap to spring for it... :cheers:

While having that same problem after putting in my Dynatech's I was looking at summitracing.com for the simulators. Also did some searching on the net and it appeared there were lots of ways to do the simulation.

Ultimately I got my fixed through the Westers tune.

I had taken the truck into the dealership 3 times to get the one O2 swapped. After the third time they said no more as it was the extra heat of the headers burning out that particular sensor. It was second sensor on the passenger side.

Have a good day.

Bill

Archived