Dealer Won't Help You?

cerbomark

Having gone through a purchase (cash), the only thing I can recommend to everybody is that once you settle on a price make sure that you read EVERY LINE under the price you have negotiated before you sign anything. The salesperson might make 5-7% on the sale, but the F&I folks make bank with the add on stuff.

A big one is vehicle theft registration ($200-300; too involved to explain so do a search about it). Next up is extended warranty, so if the extended is $3500, you can bet that somebody is getting almost 50% of that (buy your own). Have been on both ends of auto sales........ Please be careful out there because the payment may sound good although you are paying for something you did not purchase.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That # will be my next avenue as I battle the dealer I bought my 2010 silverado 1500. At 52000 my engine light came on so I took it in, after a couple hours it turned out to be evap vent solenoid...387.80 later. Truck is still under warranty with extended warranty but I'm told I still have to pony up the cash. What a bunch of bull, warranties from gm obviously don't mean much.

I have a 2010 Silverado 4x4 5.3 went to the dealer to have warranty work done on my passenger mirror. Forgot to take out my tune from the pcm got truck back an noticed right away something wrong. So I plugged my I tune 1000 in and it could not connect to the vehicle. Went back in to the dealer and asked why they reprogrammed my pcm. There wasno autherization to do that wwork. The played dumb said they didn't do anything. I stayed cool an let them know I knew what they did. I calleddiablo an had my runner reset an updated. Works fine on everything else but won't work no my truck wtf?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

First winter for my brand new (to me) 2011 LTZ and the driver side mirror is super dark at night. Took it into the lithia dealership to have the oil changed and mirror looked at and they just said it's for the "drivers comfort" buncha bull. I've noticed over the couple days when the temperature is starting to drop (10-0*)and the mirror won't return to its normal dimming. It stays that weird drowned out blue color, I know it's in the warranty and they just don't want do it. Why do the dealerships have to be so lazy and it always feels like I'm pulling teeth when asking for simple things.

Sent from middle of nowhere, AK

First winter for my brand new (to me) 2011 LTZ and the driver side mirror is super dark at night. Took it into the lithia dealership to have the oil changed and mirror looked at and they just said it's for the "drivers comfort" buncha bull. I've noticed over the couple days when the temperature is starting to drop (10-0*)and the mirror won't return to its normal dimming. It stays that weird drowned out blue color, I know it's in the warranty and they just don't want do it. Why do the dealerships have to be so lazy and it always feels like I'm pulling teeth when asking for simple things.

Sent from middle of nowhere, AK

For one, GM only allows about half the time, half the labor for the dealership. The dealership and mechanic can make full labor doing something else. Dealerships get screwed by GM for doing something that should have been discovered in R&D. Sad, but true.

That is why you hear all of the lame excuses.

Second, I wouldn't doubt they get some kind of award for it? Win for GM, and a win for the dealership.

If they are booked up with regular repairs/service, they will not want half priced warranty work. If they have some holes in their sschedule, then half is better than nothing.

You are only one guy with a mirror problem. If there were hundreds, it would be much harder for them to blow you off.

Edited by Ventilator

• 4 weeks later...

Right now I'm sticking money back to fix my truck at a non-GM dealer. I'd still have to pay if I went to a GM shop, however the local GM dealer was nearly impossible to get a writen quote from, and then it was sribbled on a shop reciept. I asked for cost of doing other work to my truck and he's been unresponsive.

I don't dig that.

• 5 months later...

Help!!! Was installing new speakers in my 07 GMC Sierra new body style and pinched my window switch/door lock harness in between bolt and door frame when reinstalling my door panel. Dash lights flickered and so I removed door panel and comfirmed my wiring harness was slightly damaged from bolt. Repaired wires and reinstalled door panel. Now my Lt brake light. Lt blinker, Door locks, Lt window are all inop. When I press brake pedal dash lights go off. Also when I turn blinker on to Lt the lights flicker on inside. Checked all my fuses inside cab and all seem to be fine. What next and what could it be. Hoping I didn't fry bcm or something like that. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 2014 silverado with 16xxx miles

And i have problem with crack noise on the windshiel or dash i hear everyday also have problems with rear Leaf spring noise and configuration radios when open the truck and close.CLASSIC CHEVROLET OF HOUSTON DEALER.i need solution

• 1 year later...

Another area to contact is GM's "Central Zone Office" in downtown Detroit Michigan and ask for the customer relations number in the "Central Zone Office". The info is:

General Motors Corporate Office & Headquarters 300 Renaissance Center Detroit MI 48265 General Motors corporate phone number:

(313) 556-5000

More numbers: Consumer Relations Department
GMC Truck Division
General Motors Corporation
16 Judson Street
Pontiac, MI 48342-2230
1 (800) 462-8782 (toll free)
1 (800) GMC-TKTD (toll free TDD

General Motors
Customer Assistance Center
Chevrolet/Geo Motor Division
General Motors Corporation