Dealer Won't Help You?

cerbomark

Don t argue and get annoyed with a dealer that won t or can t help you. There are several # s, one of them is 1-800-222-1020. I ve never had the dealer be so nice as after I called GM and told them I was unhappy with the product. I didn t bad mouth the dealer to GM , just gave them the facts on warrenty work that the dealer didn t seem too excited about doing. (This was my painted molding post from Jan/08). GM gave me a case # and called me twice a week until I was happy.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that I would have known that number when I first bought my 03 GMC. The local dealer didnt have the truck I wanted in stock so they located me one. The only must haves on the truck was 2wd, rcsb, SLE package, 5.3, limited slip rear end, and black. At the time I worked a job to where I was away from home for 4-6 weeks at a time. When the truck came in I went and picked up the truck, drove it 2 miles to the house, parked it, hopped in the company truck and left for 6 weeks. never had time to go over the truck. It was parked in the garage the whole time I was gone. I get back, check over the truck real good, take it out for a good long drive. Got on somewhat wet spot in the road and decided to test out the LSD rear end. Just single spin, the other side never would kick in. I also found a couple small scratches and some peeling on the chrome side moldings. I take the truck back to the dealer with all of 125 miles on the truck to voice my complaints in a very nice way hoping that they would help me out. They said that I had 30 days to check over the truck to be sure that it had everything I wanted and that everything was right. I told them my situation, just like I did when I bought the truck. They said that they couldnt do anything. I had and still do have the paper work showing that my truck was to have the limited slip rear end. I argued with them for about 3 months and they wouldnt do anything. I finally gave up and told them that they lost my business and anyone else's that were looking to buy a vehicle from them that I know.

Edited by flamedsierra
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yea but..it doesn't always work out the way we want it to.

My father has a beautiful 2001 Camaro Z/28 M6. The problem started back a year or year and half ago or so. Every once a while (couple times a month probably) the car will fail to start. When you turn the key you get nothing. No crank, no sputter, nada. When we took it to our local GM dealer they evaluated the car and told us the car had a bad ignition switch. At the time it sounded legit so he ponied up the money (I think about $400) and had the part installed.

All seemed good for the next year. Just recently the probably began to occur again. Same story..no crank, no sputter, no anything. We took it back to the same dealer and we're told the same thing. Bad ignition switch, and the worse news is that the part we'd just purchased a year earlier was now one month past its warranty. Another $400 and many headaches later the car is fixed...or so we think. The car started flawlessly for about a month only to have the EXACT same issues arise again, and this time he was 500 miles away from home.

Upon return to Houston he explained to the dealer what happened and that he was unhappy with the service that he had been given. The dealer agreed to take another look at the car (for a $90 service fee of course) and that another problem may be preventing the car from started. They explained to my dad that if it was indeed another problem that was preventing the car from started he would have to pay for additional work as well. After they "inspected" the car for yet a third time they determined that faulty battery cables were causing the intermittent starting issue. :thumbs:

Wtf? So basically they are saying that "it's probably not the ignition switch, but even if its not we're not gonna refund your money AND you're gonna pay for whatever else we have to do". My dad was insane. He called GM Customer Service to express his disdain for the dealership and he was assured that his complaint would be rectified.

After about a week or so of dealing with the GM "District Manager" of our region she finally calls us back and gives us the identical song and dance that the dealership gave us. "We're sorry sir, but the dealership has informed us that they believe it is indeed bad battery cables that are causing your issue. Is there anything else we can do for you at this time?" They had done absolutely nothing except waste our time. It is really quite a shame because this car (other than not staring sometimes) is perfect. My dad's commute to work is about six miles and other than work and the twice yearly trip to Oklahoma to see his mother, he drives it nowhere. It's pretty hard to find Blk/Blk M6 Z/28s with less than 50k miles.

We have no problems paying to have the car fixed. Our problem is paying for what does not fix the car. All we wanted was an apology and our money back. Now we're stuck about $800 in the hole and a car that starts when it wants to.

• 1 year later...
Yea but..it doesn't always work out the way we want it to.

My father has a beautiful 2001 Camaro Z/28 M6. The problem started back a year or year and half ago or so. Every once a while (couple times a month probably) the car will fail to start. When you turn the key you get nothing. No crank, no sputter, nada. When we took it to our local GM dealer they evaluated the car and told us the car had a bad ignition switch. At the time it sounded legit so he ponied up the money (I think about $400) and had the part installed.

All seemed good for the next year. Just recently the probably began to occur again. Same story..no crank, no sputter, no anything. We took it back to the same dealer and we're told the same thing. Bad ignition switch, and the worse news is that the part we'd just purchased a year earlier was now one month past its warranty. Another $400 and many headaches later the car is fixed...or so we think. The car started flawlessly for about a month only to have the EXACT same issues arise again, and this time he was 500 miles away from home.

Upon return to Houston he explained to the dealer what happened and that he was unhappy with the service that he had been given. The dealer agreed to take another look at the car (for a $90 service fee of course) and that another problem may be preventing the car from started. They explained to my dad that if it was indeed another problem that was preventing the car from started he would have to pay for additional work as well. After they "inspected" the car for yet a third time they determined that faulty battery cables were causing the intermittent starting issue. :lol:

Wtf? So basically they are saying that "it's probably not the ignition switch, but even if its not we're not gonna refund your money AND you're gonna pay for whatever else we have to do". My dad was insane. He called GM Customer Service to express his disdain for the dealership and he was assured that his complaint would be rectified.

After about a week or so of dealing with the GM "District Manager" of our region she finally calls us back and gives us the identical song and dance that the dealership gave us. "We're sorry sir, but the dealership has informed us that they believe it is indeed bad battery cables that are causing your issue. Is there anything else we can do for you at this time?" They had done absolutely nothing except waste our time. It is really quite a shame because this car (other than not staring sometimes) is perfect. My dad's commute to work is about six miles and other than work and the twice yearly trip to Oklahoma to see his mother, he drives it nowhere. It's pretty hard to find Blk/Blk M6 Z/28s with less than 50k miles.

We have no problems paying to have the car fixed. Our problem is paying for what does not fix the car. All we wanted was an apology and our money back. Now we're stuck about $800 in the hole and a car that starts when it wants to.

You could try posting over a www.z28.com Theres alot of smart guys over there maybe they can help you out? Oh and thanks for posting this number Im gonna need it.

• 1 year later...

I've got a case # open with GM CAC right now over 3 deep battery discharge events and TSB#11-08-44-003 (Gen 9 Onstar/VCIM failure) on my 2 month old Silverado. So far, I'm satisfied with the way things are proceeding, but will keep you all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I have negotiated the price for the car, now the dealer won't budge on the inflated Money Factor and Acquisition Fee. I've agreed to what I think is a fair price but they won't let me lease with the 745LI buy rate or the $525 Acquisition fee, they are charging $725. Their response is, "why should we discount the rate when someone else will happily pay it". I'm pissed, because the higher rate adds up to quite a sum over the term of the lease that is pure profit for the dealer.

• 1 month later...

I wish that I would have known that number when I first bought my 03 GMC. The local dealer didnt have the truck I wanted in stock so they located me one. The only must haves on the truck was 2wd, rcsb, SLE package, 5.3, limited slip rear end, and black. At the time I worked a job to where I was away from home for 4-6 weeks at a time. When the truck came in I went and picked up the truck, drove it 2 miles to the house, parked it, hopped in the company truck and left for 6 weeks. never had time to go over the truck. It was parked in the garage the whole time I was gone. I get back, check over the truck real good, take it out for a good long drive. Got on somewhat wet spot in the road and decided to test out the LSD rear end. Just single spin, the other side never would kick in. I also found a couple small scratches and some peeling on the chrome side moldings. I take the truck back to the dealer with all of 125 miles on the truck to voice my complaints in a very nice way hoping that they would help me out. They said that I had 30 days to check over the truck to be sure that it had everything I wanted and that everything was right. I told them my situation, just like I did when I bought the truck. They said that they couldnt do anything. I had and still do have the paper work showing that my truck was to have the limited slip rear end. I argued with them for about 3 months and they wouldnt do anything. I finally gave up and told them that they lost my business and anyone else's that were looking to buy a vehicle from them that I know.

A very good post.

I too made the great mistake to not check and DRIVE (ordered truck) after paying for and picking up truck. My 2008 GMC 1500.

The truck vibrated. I should have driven truck before paying for truck. Driveshaft ultimately replaced.

Ordered Heavy Duty battery. On one trip back to dealership for first oil change I wandered around dealership and viewed other new trucks. All had same battery as my truck and none on wndow sticker noted heavy duty battery. Either the factory screwed up or someone at dealership played skiparoo. It took a tad bit of work to get the dealership to provide a heavy duty battery.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to get some repairs done to my Sierra, and the GM dealership was really penile about it. So I took it down the road to a Ford dealership and they not only did it, but they did it cheaper than the GM shop would have. And their work is great! Though I don't think the GM folks want to hear that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don t argue and get annoyed with a dealer that won t or can t help you. There are several # s, one of them is 1-800-222-1020. I ve never had the dealer be so nice as after I called GM and told them I was unhappy with the product. I didn t bad mouth the dealer to GM , just gave them the facts on warrenty work that the dealer didn t seem too excited about doing. (This was my painted molding post from Jan/08). GM gave me a case # and called me twice a week until I was happy.

Painted molding? The strip on the side of the truck? If so was it covered to be repainted?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to get some repairs done to my Sierra, and the GM dealership was really penile about it. So I took it down the road to a Ford dealership and they not only did it, but they did it cheaper than the GM shop would have. And their work is great! Though I don't think the GM folks want to hear that.

I heard stroyies liek that to . I think they will treat you the best they can if they can get you to come over on there side . In there minds if they can get you to switch sides then any deals and extra time they give you will be worth it .

You would think they would treat the customer first . If dealers keep on treating customers like that then they will lose business . Its alot cheaper to treat a customer right then lose there next vehical purchase.