'05 2500 Suburban Quadrasteer

DBVille

Just (last weekend) picked up a 2005 - 2500 Chevy Suburban. Pretty much with all the options and quadrasteer. It has the 6.0 engine, and the 3.72 rear axle. Truck only has 14,000 miles on it Quadrasteer is a neat feature, that is! Parking is a breeze. . This thing parks and turns better than most cars!

First thing is to get all the headlights working - a trip to RadioShack is on the agenda for this evening. Get that 4 light mod working!

I didn't even know you could get Quadrasteer in a Suburban, let alone a 3/4 ton. I thought it was only used on the 1/2 ton trucks.
The only way to get Quadrasteer was in a 3/4 ton. Makes for a slightly stiffer ride, and a heavier truck - about 500 pounds, I think. And mileage suffers accordingly.

I didn't even know you could get Quadrasteer in a Suburban, let alone a 3/4 ton. I thought it was only used on the 1/2 ton trucks.
The only way to get Quadrasteer was in a 3/4 ton. Makes for a slightly stiffer ride, and a heavier truck - about 500 pounds, I think. And mileage suffers accordingly.

Nope, it was offered on 1/2 ton pickups.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/gear/ar...,462470,00.html

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/2004/chev...rado/page1.html

Quadrasteer's expanded availability (an option on 1500-Series extended-cab and Heavy Duty crew-cab models) is one of 40 changes Chevrolet made for 2003.

Nope, it was offered on 1/2 ton pickups.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/gear/ar...,462470,00.html

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/2004/chev...rado/page1.html

Quadrasteer's expanded availability (an option on 1500-Series extended-cab and Heavy Duty crew-cab models) is one of 40 changes Chevrolet made for 2003.

Interesting - The trucks were still using the 3/4 ton axle - a Dana 60, and required the marker lights for the width of the rear fender. I know you had to get the 3/4 ton Suburban to get it, but was not aware it was ever available in 1/2 ton trucks.

I guess thats one reason I came here - To Learn!!

Welcome!!!

We need pics!!!!

Thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately, the pics will have to wait. Spent all day yesterday working, and most of today working, washing the Sub, waxing it, and prepping to leave for Christmas. Might get some muddy pics of it over Christmas.

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes!! In an hour or so, we will be heading off in it to go see family for Christmas. Can't say as I am looking forward to the 12 MPG it gets! :cheers: When we get back I'll have some pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - Finally!! Here are a couple of pictures. It has BFG ATs, and a Warn 9,000 pound winch. The winch is a "shorty" model with only about 50 feet of cable, because the conventional winches won't fit between the 2500's narrow frame rails.

And yes, you can see the rear wheel turned slightly out - the quadrasteer.

Sub1.jpg

Sub2.jpg

Ok - Finally!! Here are a couple of pictures. It has BFG ATs, and a Warn 9,000 pound winch. The winch is a "shorty" model with only about 50 feet of cable, because the conventional winches won't fit between the 2500's narrow frame rails.

And yes, you can see the rear wheel turned slightly out - the quadrasteer.

Sub1.jpg

Sub2.jpg

That's a sweet ride,luv 'burbs...I have 2. and welcome to the site :lol:

Archived