Autoanything

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's really weird. You sure you're at the right site, not autoenything.com or something? :thumbs:

What'd you order, by the way?

No im at autoanything.com and they have been the worst. Ordered a corsa touring and have had bad luck ordering online lately. Not only with autoanything but others as well not having items in stock as stated. i guess with the rough economy everyone had better BEWARE.

Being a frequent online buyer I have noticed a trend with online retailers lately. But still many great companies to buy from.

On autoanything when you get the daily email from them telling you that you have 10% off anything "just for today" (or whatever) click on the link in the email, then search for something, like a trailer hitch, or fender flares... get it down to the exact one you want, then close your browser.

the next day check your email, they'll have some super deal for you on whatever you searched for the previous day..

kinda creepy.

• 2 weeks later...
On autoanything when you get the daily email from them telling you that you have 10% off anything "just for today" (or whatever) click on the link in the email, then search for something, like a trailer hitch, or fender flares... get it down to the exact one you want, then close your browser.

the next day check your email, they'll have some super deal for you on whatever you searched for the previous day..

kinda creepy.

LOL F that!

• 2 months later...

I'm still waiting on an order (Volant CAI) to ship that I placed on June 30th (3+ weeks). I've been emailing their Customer Service and keep getting the response... "The intake you have ordered takes a little longer to manufacturer than most other parts." I will NEVER purchase from them again and wouldnt advice anyone to purchase from them.

AutoAnything SUCKS!!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Corsa Touring from Autoanything.com on July 18th. It just got here today but when I ordered it, the shipping date was stated on the order as being Jul 28th so I knew it would take awhile to get it. Well worth the wait! After I unpacked the boxes, I noticed that the stickers said "manufacture date: 07/23/09" ... So the system wasn't even built until after I ordered it. I think these companies aren't producing any surplus due to the bad ecomony so they build to order now...I have had good experience with autoanything.com so far. GMpartdirect is pretty good also but very SLOW!

I do know they are just a middle man, most items ship direct from the manufacturer and their "in-stock" status normally refers to stock on hand at the vendor.
+1

I think they were pretty fast at shipping what I ordered from them, but they were very slow in providing the tracking numbers.

• 2 months later...

I have ordered a lot of stuff from autoanything through the years. The only problem I ever had was with a magnaflow exhaust. After the expected ship date came and went with no shipment notification I checked my order status on line. The ship date was changed so I decided to wait. After that date came and went I checked the order status and once again the ship date had been moved back. I phoned this time and all of a sudden they "found" one in the system at a different warehouse. My biggest complaint was changing the expected ship date without notice. I was a bit ticked off over the lack or communication so I bought elsewhere for a while. I just ordered a bunch of stuff for the Sierra from them. A couple items did not ship by the date promised. When I sent an email complaining I got a shipment notice within two hours. I don't know if they dropped the ball on the order or if it was just a coincidence. No other reply to my email though. I understand they are mostly a "drop shipper" but they need to keep customers in the loop and their suppliers in line.

I've ordered a bunch of things from them, some high dollar items. Never had a problem with AutoAnything.

Now Fed EX is a different story. The Westin stainless steel nerf bars I ordered was left about 5 houses down from me by Fed EX. That wasn't AutoAnythins's fault. They put the correct address on the box.

I get the 10% discount today only e mail too. With free shipping, it's worth a look at the item a few times before you purchase something. Unfortunately, you wind up getting more than one item. Always something you can do to a truck. Figure your items will arrive in 10 days. If they get there sooner, than good for you. My UPS guy probably hates me, my packages for the steps I ordered were probably near 70 lbs. He's no spring chicken. ..

• 2 months later...

No problems for me. Ordered stuff for my trucks and my wife's car over last two years and enjoy the email discount coupons and quick shipping. My Dad had a problem though. He ordered a pushbar and the first two that were sent to him were dented. It did not cost him anything to return, but it was just a hassle for him to get one that was not damaged.

• 4 months later...

I ordered weather stripping for my 88 K5 and after a week I decided to call and check on order. They cancelled the order because an item was out of stock. Thinks for letting me know. Set me back a week. They could have atleast emailed or called.

Archived