Lets See Some Towing Pics!

rb-86

Who pays? You yould need to do the AFM L76, or a LS2. Who pays for it? For my engine and install I paid $3000

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Edited by chawkins6789

oh whoops my bad, that's my step moms boat, last time I towed it the truck smelt like death and I don't know about you but i don't like going up a hill at 4k RPM to try and keep at about 50 MPH, so she said if it breaks while I'm towing her boat she's covering the damages...

Edited by elite0259

I had that happen with the travel trailer. A one time tow for my uncle. 10,500 lbs, a 6% uphill grade, 30 MPH at 5k RPM. That was with the 4.8L engine. It made it fine. But I had him drive. That way any damages to truck or trailer was on him. His Dodge 2500 ate a transfer case so It was on my truck

It was a one time thing, I will not tow it again unless I beef up the tranny, do a gear swap, add air bags, and electric fans. The tranny, gear swap, and electric fans are all on the to do list

I'm thinking about what to do, I thought about air bags, but it loos like if I do the WD hitch it might help with the suspension being soft, I already have electric fans, I have the 3.73 gears which it looks like are pretty good, and I'll beef up the tranny when it goes, and then I might look into doin a 6.2 swap with some sort of charger, havent figured that out yet. Though that's just a pipe dream and I doubt it'll ever happen.

I can do a rear mount setup and be emissions legal, but I'm going the supercharger route. I'm hunting for about 525-550 RWHP. I don't know how it will do towing after that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2