Lets See Some Towing Pics!

rb-86

Here's one of my 08 and the toy-hauler. 32' and 8000# loaded with bikes and gear. The truck pulls it like it's not there!

Nice. What kind of mpg do you get towing? I realize that's a loaded question, but curious anyways.

Here's one of my 08 and the toy-hauler. 32' and 8000# loaded with bikes and gear. The truck pulls it like it's not there!

Nice. What kind of mpg do you get towing? I realize that's a loaded question, but curious anyways.

I think we average 8 0r 9. We sometimes tow this trailer with the wife's Tundra and the mileage is real close on both trucks.

I think we average 8 0r 9. We sometimes tow this trailer with the wife's Tundra and the mileage is real close on both trucks.

Tundra 5.7? That would be an interesting comparison in towing feel/handling.

Tundra 5.7? That would be an interesting comparison in towing feel/handling.

The Tundra got thrown around a little more by the trailer. The suspension is a shade softer, but has the 5.7, and 4.30 gears, so it actually pulled better. Overall, I prefer the 2500 because it just feels like a heavier, more solid platform, and I'm a GM guy. :D

post-119243-0-46278100-1354330248_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this is it without a load

243.jpg

with a load of wood from a tree i cut down in the front yard (full box) and it has e range tires on it

imagine how bad it would be without the blocks

396.jpg

Is your truck a short box,I've never seen an ext cab with a short box,it actually looks really good.

Doesn't look bad. What is the weight Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Only a few thousand pounds at the most, but it took a looooot of trips since it's all I could get a hold off at the time...oh you meant elite's boat...oops....lol

No idea, bare boat is 4500, with rigging and trailer i'd say somewhere between 6-7k, plus it was apparently full or water, so that day I'd say 7k+... Thanks to a few posts in here I'm looking into a weight distribution hitch since I have a class 4 receiver on my truck that I had installed to replace the stock hitch. It's got shock brakes on it. Just out of curiosity, my truck empty weighs 5400 LBS apparently and has a GVWR of 7k, so with me and my tools its probably at 5800 LBS, can it really tow this without hurting it?

Edited by elite0259