Which Better Mpg? Tahoe Xfe Or Silverado Xfe?

Which one would provide the better mileage? Tahoe/Yukon is heavier but perhaps a little more aero????? Sierra/Silverado is lighter but has the bed (but it does come with tonneau). I know they would be close either way but which would get the best?

I cannot speak for the Tahoe Xfe but my Silverado Xfe is averaging 16.5mpg in town. I have not had an opportunity to take it on a roadtrip yet to give accurate hwy mpg.

I cannot speak for the Tahoe Xfe but my Silverado Xfe is averaging 16.5mpg in town. I have not had an opportunity to take it on a roadtrip yet to give accurate hwy mpg.

Thanks for the input!

you do realise that xfe isen't worth it right? your sacrificing alot for an extra 1-2 mpg

Please expand. I do not see a sacrifice.

+1

What is sacrificed?

A little ride height

Bed Cover

Low rolling resistance tires

I believe a CAI (?)

you do realise that xfe isen't worth it right? your sacrificing alot for an extra 1-2 mpg

Please expand. I do not see a sacrifice.

If there is I don't see it either. Mine has every bell and whistle there is with the exception of 10mm of ride height, 4WD and heated seats. Very comfortable, plenty of power (for me anyways), I don't tow anything larger than my 18' boat and it will do that easily. So what am I missing out on? :dunno:

i believe the xfes are geared to 3.08? if your just useing the truck as a DD and not a truck then i guess its not a sacrifice to you then...also the price dosen't justifie the gains i guess you could say...just my opinion :dunno:

i believe the xfes are geared to 3.08? if your just useing the truck as a DD and not a truck then i guess its not a sacrifice to you then...also the price dosen't justifie the gains i guess you could say...just my opinion :dunno:

From memory tow rating goes from 10, 000 lbs on regular to 7700 on XFE. I will take a couple miles per Gallon for that.

Sorry but I have to laugh if anyone considers any kind of 1/2 ton truck a real truck. :dunno: What mine is intended for is a daily driver that I occassionally use to tow my boat to and from the lake, maybe haul some lawn debris to the dump, and haul some of the treasures my wife finds at garage sales around on the weekends. My real truck is the one I use for business which is hauling around 3000+ gallons of antifreeze around the DFW metroplex below:

hinotank.jpg

As for the subject of price, I bought mine as a leftover '09 that I was able to get an awesome deal on. I didn't go searching for an Xfe, it actually turned out to be the best deal on the lot as far as crew crab 1/2 ton trucks went. I didn't sacrifice anything as far as price goes.

Archived