In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2001 Front Bumper Removal

Hello all

I am trying to remove the front bumper off my 2001 Sierra SLE.

Is there anything I should be aware of concerning the airbags before I start?

Does anyone have a drawing of the bumper and attachments so I know what I am looking at?

I did a search and found all kinds of neat things concering other GM bumpers, but nothing in the 2001 year.

any help is appriciated

Thanks

Raven

If you have a concern about the airbag sensors just disconnect the battery. Remove all electrical connections from bumber ie fogs etc. You may have to remove the grill but i'm not sure once all of the electrical connections are disconnected, there are 4 or 6 large bolts in the frame, that holds the bumper. remove and pull off the bumper slowly just to make sure nothing else is attached to the bumper. you're done!

If you have a concern about the airbag sensors just disconnect the battery. Remove all electrical connections from bumber ie fogs etc. You may have to remove the grill but i'm not sure once all of the electrical connections are disconnected, there are 4 or 6 large bolts in the frame, that holds the bumper. remove and pull off the bumper slowly just to make sure nothing else is attached to the bumper. you're done!

Thanks... I was just on my way out to do it.

Archived