Larger Fuel Tank

I am looking into a larger fuel tank for my 2007 silverado classic. Is it possible to get a 30+ gallon tank for this truck? Right now I think it has only a 24 gallon. I just purchased it a few weeks back, and I feel like i am refuelling alot. I am averaging 375-400 miles per tank, and I would like to stop less. I really dont want a external tank. So with this said, is there any thoughts on this.

should be a 26 gallon tank.. not sure if the 31 or 36 OEM tanks would fit..

you could always do what this guy did:

post #16 in this thread:

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/in...html#msg1884954

of course you would need a new spot for your spare.

Edited by old-chevy-dude

• 1 month later...

I have a 62gallon Titan fuel tank in my '07 3500hd. Best upgrade that has been done to the truck!

Being able to go 1000kms with a trailer in tow is just great....especially when travelling down East (Maritimes) and so many of the fuel stations are not easy to get into with a trailer.

Check out: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...0tank&st=15

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought that titan made a 100 gallon tank. Maybe Im just insane.

I was looking into one for my work truck (08 F350) but I could only find them around 45 gallons. Was kinda disappointed.

how much is it to fill up alot i have a 25 gallon tank for my 95 gmc 2500 gaser y would u put a bigger tank in when u can just program ur truck and put other stuff on to get better gas mileage

Because when your towing a lot of places are a pain in the butt to try to get into and if you can basically triple your distance that means less time stoping and going out of the way to fuel up .

how much is it to fill up alot i have a 25 gallon tank for my 95 gmc 2500 gaser y would u put a bigger tank in when u can just program ur truck and put other stuff on to get better gas mileage

Because when your towing a lot of places are a pain in the butt to try to get into and if you can basically triple your distance that means less time stoping and going out of the way to fuel up .

Exactly.

Ever tried to whip into the corner market with a 24' (or longer) cattle trailer behind a CCLWB pickup? Not that easy. Not so much of a problem on interstates because of truck stops, but when your not arounda truck stop it can be tricky. More fuel capacity makes that headache less painful, but it shure would hurt the heart to see the price on the pump when you finished filling it. I know its all the same in the end, but small bites seem to hurt less.

Edited by Z71 AST

• 1 year later...

A bigger tank is a big help when burning diesel as many small towns do not have stations selling diesel. This is also where a long bed truck is a better as there is room for a much larger tank. At the present time no one make a larger tank for my 2011 extended cab short bed 2500HD truck.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember that my ole 2001 3/4 ton Suburban had a 38 gal tank. It was factory, and granted it was for a gasser, but I wonder if you could find one and make it work on you truck. They were both GMT 800 trucks and the Suburban are shorter in length so it should work?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...