People that ask questions

jro909

It blows my mind how many folks on here asking questions about possible issues with their vehicles that are still under warranty..its simple folks if something feels or sounds wrong take it to the dealer and use your warranty...their is no need to fix something yourself when you have a warranty, if you don't want to use the warranty then you should of bought used...drives me crazy...rant off

Some people do not have time to take it to the dealer because of many reasons??? If it is an easy fix (rattle, etc) they may want to fix it on their own instead of dealing with all the hassles of being vehicleless?

There isnt a rule you have to read these threads you know :lol:

I dont minde questions like that becuase I can come to these fourms and see what is wrong with my truck if someone asks questions and gets a answer . I dont have warrenty anymore .

+1

This is an excellent point

Another point to asking a question even though you may still be under warranty is the fact that there are alot of shady dealers and service departments that will feed you a line of BS just to get you to go away!

I had a carrier bearing go bad once while my truck was still under warranty. My dealer couldn't find the problem and called the small vibration "normal". After my questions online I asked the dealer to check the carrier bearing and they confirmed it was bad and replaced it for free.

Another point to asking a question even though you may still be under warranty is the fact that there are alot of shady dealers and service departments that will feed you a line of BS just to get you to go away!

I had a carrier bearing go bad once while my truck was still under warranty. My dealer couldn't find the problem and called the small vibration "normal". After my questions online I asked the dealer to check the carrier bearing and they confirmed it was bad and replaced it for free.

Some dont even fix it when you point out the problem. THey just say, "We couldnt get it to do that" until your warranty expires, then BOOM, big repair cost.

If the repair costs me less time and/or money than taking to the dealer under warranty, I would just do it myself. Also it is always better to have an idea what the problem and fix is BEFORE you take it to the dealer even if you are under warranty. So I don't see the problem with trying to understand what the issue is whether you are under warranty or not.

Also I think most people that frequent these forums are the type that want to understand their vehicles rather than just be appliance operators - hence the questions and tendency to address small issues themselves.

Archived