Advent OGM1 with GM1 Backup Camera installed

This might sound like a rookie question, but i ruined my pastic rocker panels in my SS when removing them a few years ago so i'm going to ask here before i start pulling things apart on my '08.

What is the proper way to get to the ebrake cable grommet on the drivers side to run the wires?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me what is the wire gauge size for the positive and negative leads that run from the rear camera to the connector block in the cab for the camera that Walt sells???

A friend of mine makes GM wire harnesses and is making me up a connector that plugs into the connector block for the + and - side of the harness. He just wanted to know what gauge to make the wires coming off the connector.

I also emailed Walt and asked him, but thought someone here might have the info.

Well I received my wiring harness for the camera today that my friend made up for me that will plug direclty into the connector block inside the cab.

Here are a couple pics:

1002105.jpg

1002115s.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very nice, I was going to put together the same thing, but I was never able to track down the part number for the terminals that go in that connector for X14. If you have the part numbers you should post them for the benefit of the group.

I'll start, the connector is 13504592, and is $26 at GMPartsDirect.com. With the terminals that would be everything needed to fab up a plug and play solution.

I am sorry I don't have the any numbers for the terminal connector that I received. I cant believe the plastic connector plug is $26.00. Let me see if my friend would want to make up some harness's and I will let you know what he has to say.

I am sorry I don't have the any numbers for the terminal connector that I received. I cant believe the plastic connector plug is $26.00. Let me see if my friend would want to make up some harness's and I will let you know what he has to say.

If he can do this for a semi-reasonable price, I'll be a buyer in quantity...

Walt I passed on your offer to him.

Walt I passed on your offer to him.

Ok Walt he said to pass this info onto you:

GMP Parts Company

111 Quaking Aspen Way

Etna, Wyoming 83118

307-883-7500 Phone

307-883-7501 FAX

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I just ordered my OGM1, from Walt at ADC, yesterday and it's on the way. I was wondering if anyone has a camera solution for an '11 Tahoe LT? Currently, I have a small bullet-cam mounted between the lower edge of the bumper and the hitch receiver. I'm looking for something similar to the CS-GM1 but the Tahoes do not have that type of gate latch. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed my OGM1 in my 2007 Tahoe. It was very straight forward and a breeze. The hardest part/ time consuming part was getting the back lift gate prepped and the backup camera wire run. Other than that it was completely plug and play and two spade connectors from autozone. I love this radio can't wait to learn more and more about this deck. I have some install pics and the link below is what I based my install after. I did slip some of the steps that were not really needed for my setup.

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-diy-useful-threads-61/how-adding-back-up-camera-07-c%5Ck-suv-22756/

If you have any questions let me know. Thanks to Walt!

I posted this awhile ago: http://www.gm-trucks...howtopic=142953 showing how to do the camera in motion or to add a second camera.

I searched and searched...couldn't come up with anything...thanks for the repost walt.

on another note. I re installed my OGM1 in my 12 last night....it was very glitchy and I had to do the system reset 3 or 4 times but seems to be working fine. I saw an error box pop up once and freeze everything out so I shut the truck off. After the last system reset everything seems okay.

I also tapped into my factory backup cam. Not sure if they put a higher quality camera in the 12s or not...but during the daylight the picture quality is just as good as my factory tahoe nav was. At night it is definitely a little grainy but I am more than satisfied with the picture quality after reading everyone elses reviews...

Archived